Chapter Five

Zen

Zen and Jasmine made it in safe with about 6 bags worth of clothing and jewelry luckily all on Zen's check, he knew his pockets were going to hurt but something about the experience with her made him... feel like it was worth it.

Today was an art day, where he was painting scenes for his books, which is what differentiated him from the average author.
"Author, do you have anything for me to look over tonight?" She slid her jacket off, which made her shirt lift up to reveal a spine tat. Zen had noticed that recently she switched back to her nickname for him, he shrugged it off, though.
"Not tonight, you had me running through the damn store for at least 5 hours..." Zen cried, she rolled her eyes.
"Please, don't exaggerate, you know you loved it as much as a gold digger would love a shopping spree."
She started to head upstairs, leaving her bag downstairs. "And it was only 4 and a half hours," she remarked in a matter-of-fact tone. Zen said something under his breath before chuckling, he had never laughed this much in a long time, mainly because his only friend were the characters he thought up. He heard a ding come from the jacket Jasmine left on the kitchen table, which he would get on her about later. He lifted it up, her phone fell out. He grabbed it, palming it as he got ready to bring it to her, it dinged once more, and he glanced at the notification, though he knew it felt wrong, and saw his name.

Manager: pls, has Zen given you any trouble today, ik how ready u were to move out cuz he was bothering you... 🤣

Zen felt like it was okay for him to look, because it had his name in it.

She complained about him the whole time, which of course was mainly his fault, he was an asshole, this was for certain, but even in the moments where he thought they got along well, she talked about him.
This, for some reason, made his heart shatter, it hurt him more than smudging a piece that he just finished, it hurt him so much that when he saw the text her manager sent next, he acted out of anger.

Manager: Btw, do you wanna go out and eat this weekend, i can clear ur schedule...

Zen's eye twitched, he deleted the text after replying with a swift no.

"Zen do you know where..." She looked in his hands to her phone, he smiled.
"Was just about to bring it to you."

Zen tried to keep his foul tongue from leaving him, because there were so many things he wanted to say, instead he distanced himself, started ignoring her more and buying less food.

"Zen do you wanna go out and eat, I heard there's like a new cafe down where the gas station is..." she went on and on about the cafe, Zen remained silent, typing away on his computer which was a bunch of nothing as a way to distract himself from the urge to let it out and tell her what the fuck she did wrong, she realized the silent treatment, though, before Zen could burst at the seams with the words he should've said.

"Good talk, dude."

He let out a deep sigh, almost relieved she was gone now, he erased the words he typed which was just her name over and over again, and he began to restart to where he was...

Alice turned to face William, her face flushed as she realized William was angry, his face distrusting. She pressed her hands against his chest, feeling the rythm of his heartbeat.
"It's funny," she says, looking up to look in his watchful eyes. "To think that even as we are all different, our hearts still beat the same, or have beaten the same way."
William pushed her away, classical played behind them.
"It is not okay, and I won't fool myself to believe that it is..." William turned away, his tired eyes strayed to the ring which laid on their bed, the ring he had taken off...
Jasmine pulled him back, kissing him in a way she had never done before, they tripped over their feet, falling on top of each other, their lips pressed against each other, bodies alike, her hands...

Zen realized what he wrote, deleting the last paragraph and throwing his papers, his computer fell to the floor as his fist flew to the wall behind it.

His face was a beet red, his eyes were wide with embarrassment, and he had no clue why he had written that down, chalking it up to be just because she was on his mind and so thats the name he wrote down, though that scene was completely on the spot. He tried to forget it, going down to get a cup of water.

He took deep breaths, turning to head into the kitchen before he saw her, she was struggling to figure out where the head of her shirt was, and it was almost like she had been fighting the shirt, he decided to ignore her, but then saw a large bruise on her back. It was so large that he was sure someone had to have hit her with an object, and it looked utterly painful, he reached out, his mind trying to stop him but he was already holding her, his hands around her waist to let her know he was there, he then pulled the shirt to actually go around her head, tugging down softly.  His left hand stayed on the bruise rubbing it softly.

"When did this happen?"
"Now you're talking to me?" she scoffed.
"Who did it?" He questioned again. "Was it that manager guy, he always did creep me out," Zen didn't even realize the words he was saying before they left his mouth.
"One, what do you know about my manager? You two have spoken like twice and that's it. Two, he's a really sweet guy once you get to know him, even though it took me half a career and working with you to do so, and three, why the fuck do you care?" He bit his tongue, holding back the words he wanted to say, instead, he walked away, ignoring her once more. But, she pulled his shirt, he whirled around, his foot twirling with him.

They tripped over their feet...

His hands slicked around her waist, trying to soften her fall.

Falling on top of each other.

He could feel her body against his, he could feel her lips against his, soft and warm and an indescribable feeling erupted inside of him, his heart pounding.

Their lips pressed against each other.

It was like he had written earlier, but nothing could've described this sudden rush of endorphins or the erection that would come on if she didn't get off of him soon.

What made it worse was the small moan she let out, his leg shifted in between hers, pressing against her in a way that if he moved an inch he could feel her folds, the warmth in between her legs.
"I-"
"I should go...write."
"Yes... I have to put in edits at the office so I'll see you...yeah." She rushed out, his hands stuck where they were as her warm body left his, he almost felt lonely, he put a hand over his crotch, groaning on the floor as he remembered  he was supposed to be mad at her.

Dae Joon-woo, what the hell are you doing.