We Can be Us (And Only us)

~Continuing from 40:50 in Season 2, episode 6, parts of this is copied, but some is original at the beginning!!~

Crowley stood in front of Aziraphale, his face red and his voice shaking, "Look.. I suppose I have something to say. It's best if I start the talking.." He said slowly, watching Aziraphale carefully, "If I don't start now.. I'll never start." He took in a breath, ready for what he was going to say, and right when he opened his mouth, Aziraphale interrupted. 

"Hold that thought!" He said with a happy voice, "I have some incredibly good news.." he giggled before continuing, "Metatron.. he's not as bad of a fellow as we thought.. with Gabriel gone, he wanted me.. me, to take over!" He said excitedly, watching Crowley's expression, which didn't change, "And- and he said you can go back to being an angel! You don't have to be a demon!" He said, grinning. Crowley, on the other hand, rose his eyebrows, "He said- what?" Aziraphale, taken aback on Crowley's tone, furrowed his eyebrows, "You can come back.. to Heaven, and- and.. everything, like the old times.." He said, his smile larger than ever.

Crowley rolled his eyes, staring at Aziraphale in shock, "Right.. and you told Metatron right where he could stick it-"  Aziraphale shook his head, his grin staying, seeming more forced, "Not- not at all.." He said slowly. Crowley scoffed, staring at Aziraphale in disbelief, "Oh- we're better than that Angel- you're better than that! We don't need them! We have.. we have us! If I say no to Hell- I'm saying no to Heaven, and so should you!"

Aziraphale watched, his eyes hurt, "Well.. of course you said no to Hell, you're the bad guys!" he chuckled, "Heaven is greater! Truth, light! Of good!" Crowley stood forward to Aziraphale, "When Heaven fails.. it'll be as dead as Hell.." He said through his teeth, seeing Aziraphale's reaction. His face dropped, "Tell me you said no-" He saw Aziraphale's blank face, shaking his head, "Tell me.. tell me you said no.." 

Aziraphale shook his head, "I can make a difference.. when I'm in charge.." he whispered, watching Crowley pace.  Crowley took a deep breath, "Right.. well.. erm, I guess I should say what I've got to say.. I should say it now." He groaned, "So.. we've known each other a long time.." his voice broke, "We've been on this planet.. a long time, us.. I could always rely on you, you could alway rely on me, a team, the two of us.." He froze, "We've spent our existence pretending that we aren't.." His eyes teared up, unable to keep eye contact with the angel, "I.. god.. I would like to spend.." He paused, his voice cracking, "I mean- if Gabriel and Beelzebub can do it, go off together.. so can we.. right? We don't need Heaven.. Hell, we have us!" 

Aziraphale stared at Crowley, his heart breaking, "Come with me to Heaven.. we can run it together! We can make a difference.." 

Crowley shook his head, "Don't.. don't leave this bookshop.." he whispered softly.

"Oh.. Crowley, nothing lasts forever.." he said, his voice slow and calm.

Crowley nodded, "I suppose not.. " He slid his sunglasses on, "Good luck.." he said, walking towards the exit. Aziraphale watched him, "Good luck? Crowley come back.. to Heaven.. to me.. I need you!" He cried, watching Crowley.

Crowley scoffed, "Listen, do you hear that?" he asked, watching Aziraphale. Aziraphale shook his head, "I- I don't hear anything.." he sighed. Crowley nodded, "Exactly.. no nightingales.." He stared at Aziraphale, "You idiot.. we could have been.. us.." He walked to Aziraphale, grabbing the hem his coat and kissing him, tears rolling down his face. 

Aziraphale felt sparks roll down his spine, as if a new door opened, the energy from Crowley soaring in. Moments later, Crowley pulled away, staring into Aziraphale's eyes. Aziraphale stared back, "I'm sorry.." he whispered, Crowley shaking his head and leaving, "Don't bother.." 

Aziraphale stood in awe in the bookshop, his fingers touching his soft lips, remembering the kiss that had happened moments ago. Metatron walked in smug, a small smirk on his face, "So.. how did he take the news?" He hummed, watching Aziraphale, who snapped out of his moment. Aziraphale looked at him, chuckling lightly, "Not exactly well.." he mumbled, watching him. 

Metatron nodded, walking towards him, looking around the bookshop, "Well.. do you have everything you need? Are you ready to start?" He asked, watching Aziraphale, who just stood there, thinking. He looked around the shop. He was going to miss the sleepless days, reading his books whilst drinking tea and coco, on long calls with Crowley about the weird things going on between Heaven and Hell, he was going to miss all of it. 

Metatron looked over at Aziraphale, "Did you hear me?" He asked, looking at the psytracted angel in front of him. Aziraphale looked back, "Hm? Oh.. quite, yes." he smiled, looking around the shop once more, tearing up. "Great.." Metatron grins, as they walk out of the shop. Aziraphale feels eyes on him, seeing Crowley watching him from the Bentley, his heart aching. He looked back at Metatron, "I.. think I forgot something.." he said with a shaky voice, Metatron nodding. Aziraphale looked at Metatron, taking a deep breath, "Fuck.. you." He whispered, before looking back at Crowley, hearing an audible gasp from the man behind him. Crowley rose his eyebrows, not hearing what he had just said. Aziraphale basically ran to Crowley, throwing himself in a hug, Crowley barely able to support him, hugging him back, "What's wrong Angel, not going back?" He asked with teary eyes, the man in his arms shaking his head. 

Aziraphale let go of Crowley, tears all over his face as he looked at him, taking his sunglasses off, "I'm so sorry.." He mumbled, Crowley sighing, "I forgive you.." he said, trying not to seem happy, despite his mind being on an emotional rollercoaster. Aziraphale silently cried, "You were right.. We don't need Heaven.. we have us.." he whispered, looking up at Crowley softly, the sun shining off of his dark red hair, creating a glow. 

"It's okay..." Crowley sighed, "Lunch...at the ritz?" He asked softly, taking Aziraphale's hand in his, "You know me so well." replied Aziraphale, humming softly as they walked off.