It's not her

The picture looks like Karin in Shinigami form.

___________________________________________________________________________

*Karin’s POV*

 Yesterday Rain died, we got ready for her funeral today. Did Madame Angel kill her? Or was it Makami? It defiantly wasn’t a human. I get up from my bed and put on a frilly black dress and a black veil over my eyes.

I walk out of my room and find X standing in front of my door and holding onto a suitcase. She was wearing a black sundress.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“I’m being adopted.” X says in a blank face. “I’ll be leaving right after the funeral.”

I kneeled down to hug her tightly. “I’m going to miss you.”

We both walked downstairs to see everyone ready to go in their funeral clothes.  I felt someone hold my free hand. I turn to my left to see L holding my hand. I couldn’t smile up to him.

It must be hard for someone you knew for a while to die just like that. A limo came into the driveway and everyone got in.

No one even spoke during the ride to the nearest cemetery to the orphanage. We finally reached the cemetery with black dead trees randomly placed everywhere on its land.

We got out of the limo and walked down farther into the cemetery until we reached a hill with a tombstone with Rain’s name on it and a rectangle hole in front. I turn to my right to see a young couple crying and then hugging X. They must be her adoptive parents.

Their tears look fake, one out of some reasons why I hate humans. We then heard the funeral song coming over here. I look down the road to see a car with a coffin with Rain’s dead body.

As the priest said his godly sayings for the dead, the funeral workers put the coffin into the ground and buried it. The priest left and so did the workers leaving us to say our goodbyes.

I went first. I walk over to the grave and placed a music box in a glass box for protection. “This is from your parents. L found them and told them about you. They couldn’t make it so they gave us this to give it to you.”

I wave my hand over to Matt. He walks over and places the music box onto the tombstone flat border and sealed it with drills. It was so that no one can steal it away.

X walks over to the tombstone and places a lily flower next to the tombstone. Her adoptive parents walk over to her. “Sweetie we have to catch our flight to America.”

X nods her head and they walked over to the car that was waiting for them on the road to this place. 

I felt a slight touch on my fingertips. It felt like paper. I turn around to find Kenta holding purple flowers in his hand. “Kenta, how did you get here?”

“Well, told dad that I was going to visit the human world to find Ryuk.” His eyes looks gloomy. “But instead I really wanted to visit Rain’s grave.”

“Did you make L and rest of the guys touch the Death Note so they can see you?” I asked.

He nods his head and looks at the writing of the tombstone.

I need to bring up a conversation. “Have you seen X yet?” I asked. “She’s close to Rain.”

“It doesn’t matter.” Kenta places the purple flowers onto her grave.

“Really?” Matt breaks into our conversation. “Then go look at the black car near us.”

Kenta turns around and sees X with shock in his eyes.

*Kenta’s POV*

“Rain?” I whispered. I see Rain in the back of the car. No one that I know has that hair color.

Karin glares at Matt. “Why the hell did you do that Matt?!”

“It’s what he gets for showing up late at Rain’s funeral!” Matt slightly pushes Karin by her shoulder.

She glares at him more. “Well at least he showed up!” Karin punches Matt in the stomach.

 L walks in between them and looks at both of them. “Don’t act like this on a sad day.”

Karin sighs. “L’s right let’s stop this.”

I walk past her and go over to the car. Mello blocks my way. “Kenta that’s not Rain.”

I glare at him and push him away. Karin gives me a worried look. “Kenta, Mello’s right X isn’t Rain.”

“Shut up.” I fly over to the car as it drives away.

“Kenta!” Karin yells.

I ignored her and continued to fly close to the black car.

It’s a good thing I didn’t let the people in the car touch my Death Note. I fly over to the side of the black car to see a miniature Rain in the middle of a couple. Her eyes looked grey though.

I flew until I reached the airport. I followed behind the miniature Rain and her family. I past the security guards and the metal detector. I chuckled as it went off on some poor loser behind me. I followed them until we reached the gate number. ‘Departing to New York City, North America at 10:45’ the neon billboard said.

I fly into the plane and sat next to the miniature Rain. She just stares out at the night sky out of the small airplane window.

I close my eyes ready for some good sleep.