24 | Enemy's territory

Drugs & Money by Chase Atlantic (New Mix)

***

LUCA

The watch on my wrist showed it was 7:12 am.

One of the two massive windows of the bedroom was open wide, letting the early breeze penetrate the room. We were in June, but the mornings remained cold until the clock hit lunchtime.

Sitting down on the armchair, my leg crossed on top the other, still in a man spread, I brought the cigarette to my lips, inhaling the toxic contact.

I blew the air out to the side, as if it could change anything. I was still smoking in the room.

My enraged gaze stared down at each bruise on her body, carefully memorising where each of those were positioned so I knew where to apply them once I laid my fist on the fucker that dared touching her.

How the fuck could someone be so fucking stupid in New York to touch what laid under the Angelini's family protection? This had been a terrible mistake made on their part.

Carlotta was still sleeping, as she gave me her back. Earlier, I peeled off the bedsheet from her body, leaving her in only the pair of cotton lilac panties she fell asleep last night.

Seeing the scene, anyone would've thought I was looking at her half naked, but I wasn't. Looking at the bruises on her body didn't even make me feel hard for a second.

I was not a pervert. I was just a merciless psychopath who never felt mercy for others. And also this time I would not feel pity as well once I strangled to death who marked her body under my watch.

I closed my eyes for a long second, drawing out the cigarette as I imagined how sensational would've been the feeling of hearing the bastard's last breath as I slowly cut his air off. I really couldn't wait to do that.

My eyes opened again when I heard her stirring up and coughing. I blowed out the smoke, as I looked at her slowly turning her head as she kept giving me her back.

An expression of confusion morphed into her face as her eyes moved across the room. From me, the cigarette between my fingers, to the open window.

"You got to be kidding me, Luca." Her exasperated tone reached my ear. She was still sleepy.

Carlotta pulled the bedsheet, which had been thrown on the other side of the bed, and covered herself.

I stood up, inhaling one last time the cigarette, before turning it off and closing the window. I turned around, making my way towards the bed.

"I- were you looking at me naked?" She asked, now that her brain was able to fully make out the situation.

"I was." I simply responded. I wasn't.