The Accident

Chapter 6 – The Accident

Accidents happen everyday. They happen in the middle of the road, in a dark alley, in a department store and even in your own bedrooms but the one accident we all want to talk about is the Selene Carrol Larsen accident.

***

Earlier that day...

I walked the hallways of BUST with my head held high. I knew how to handle people's stares. I knew how to handle guys' wide eyes. I knew how to handle the whispers of the girls.

I opened my locker to find a letter with a red seal. It didn't surprise me. It was Ever's trademark. I got more than one of these things. She liked threatening people with useless letters. I opened it calmly and when she passed by, I smiled at her holding her letter up. She turned her attention toward something else and widened her eyes.

I looked at who she was so startled to see and felt my heartbeat quicken. It was Ian and boy, was he mad.

"Ian!" Ever enthusiastically called but Ian just kept on walking toward me.

When he reached me, I managed a nervous smile. Wait, I was never nervous before. How could Ian do this so simply to me?

"Hey." I said, almost like a whisper but he just grabbed my hand that I barely managed to close my locker and lock it. What was wrong with him?

He walked but I ran. Hello! His legs were longer than mine! I can barely breathe. Everyone was staring at us and I, for once, enjoyed their stares this day. Ian holding me was like achieving something I couldn't achieve. Okay, that statement was a dumb one.

When we reached an empty classroom, he locked the door and glared at me. I took a step back. Chace's warning was playing back inside my head. He couldn't control himself. Was he going to hurt me?

"Ian?" I stepped back again and he stepped forward taunting me. His eyes were pinning me and his gaze was heart stopping. Was he going to hurt me? Could he? I took another step back nervously. "Please, don't hurt me."

With that, he stopped and just stared at me for almost five seconds. Then, he sat on an armchair and kicked another one. He was furious. For what? I didn't know. Did I say something offending? Wait, I just asked him not to hurt me. What did I do wrong?

I decided to take a few steps toward him but he stood up. "I don't even know why I brought you here." He said and left me confused.