Three

He hated it.
He hated it more than anything.

-

Sage lay still in bed, afraid.

Where did Zander go? Why would he wear cologne? Why didn't it smell like his own?
Why did it smell like he was with someone else?

Sage tried his hardest to shake the overbearing thoughts. But he just couldn't this time.

He carefully crawled out of bed, out of the arms of someone who he never doubted loved him unconditionally. But now he doubted the feelings between him and his fiancé.

Sage was an overthinker. And that's what he told himself, he was just overthinking.

Someone he loved and someone who loved him back wouldn't do that.

His head ached. So did his heart. Why did It hurt so bad? He knew it would've happened at some point.

He looked at the stripped clothes on the ground, seeing cherry chapstick marks all over the collar and shirt.

Zanders shirt betrayed the actions.

What really happened? Sage wondered to himself.

And yet, he couldn't shake the thoughts that came from his head, the thoughts that hurt to think. They weren't real, right? Zander loved him.

He loved him. He told himself that over and over that Zander loved him.

But did he really?

Did he mean those words?

-

Sage wondered the house, he'd  clean it, just waiting for the time that he'd have to get ready for work.

That he'd have to leave his fiancé to do whatever he wanted. Including cheat.

-

😭😭 254 words IM SO SORRY THIS IS SHORTER