Cruelty

||No one's pov||

Kie:-"Nezuko! Tanjiro broke his ankle... Could you go and sell coal in town for him?"

Nezuko:-"Sure mom! I'm always happy to give a hand! She smiles

Kie:-"Thank you dear"

Hanako:-"Onē-chan! Can I come with you?"

Shigeru:-"Can I come too? Pleaseee!"

Nezuko:-"No guys..." Nezuko pats their heads "who Will carry you once you get tired?"

Hanako:-"Aw... I really wanted to come."

Shigeru:-"Me too..."

Nezuko:-"maybe next time? How does it sound?"

Hanako and Shigeru:-"Yay! Thank you Onē-chan!"

Takeo:-"eh... I wanted to go and take wood with Tanjiro to be honest..."

Nezuko:-"You'll go once his ankle heals!" Nezuko smiles before patting Takeo's head

Takeo:-"H-Hey...! Stop it!"

Nezuko, kie, hanako and Shigeru chuckles, before Nezuko eventually waved goodbye at them and got on her way to town, while Tanjiro and Rokuta were inside

||Nezuko's Pov||

When I got in town everyone greeted me and asked for coal, though I felt kinda bad because a inhabitant got accused of breaking a vase and was waiting for Tanjiro to come, but I was there instead..

Nezuko:-"Today I sold a lot of coal, i'm sure everyone will be happy at home!"

While I was walking in the dark of the night, I heard a voice calling out for me

???:-"Hey Nezuko! Why don't you come and rest here? Don't you know it's dangerous to go out a night?"

It was Saburo

Nezuko:-"Ah! Hello old Saburo! I know the way home, so there shouldn't be any dange-"

Saburo:-"shh... Just come inside, what if you run into a demon?"

Nezuko(mind):-"demon? Demons are just tales..."

Nezuko:-"alright, i'll come!"

When I got in, Saburo cooked delicious food, and after we were done eating, he took out a spare futon and prepared it for me

Nezuko:-"old Saburo?"

Saburo:-"Yes?"

Nezuko:-"What are demons?"

Saburo:-"Demons are men-eating monsters with no mercy 'nor pity for humans."

Nezuko:-"I see..."

Saburo:-"Now go to sleep."

Nezuko:-"Hai!"

Said that, I fell asleep.

||The next day||

I was on my way back home, but something felt off... Usually, Hanako and Shigeru always makes noises when playing.

When I got in front of home I saw a jaw-dropping scene... Tanjiro was on the floor with Rokuta, both covered in blood... I quickly rushed towards them, but before kneeling down and check their body heat, I looked inside and... Mom, Takeo, Shigeru and Hanako were all dead.

I couldn't even cry because of the shock and horror I felt in that moment, it's as if my whole life got destroyed in that exact instant.