Chapter Twenty-Eight

IT WAS SATURDAY.

AVERY had a hair appointment by noon and a shrink appointment at three. The blonde was aware that Marcus had visited Ginny the night before, because before that, she had gotten a text, asking to talk.

There was a knock on Avery's door. The blonde was currently putting on mascara and her door was open a smidge.

The blonde noticed Ginny standing in the doorway, through the mirror that was formed like a star, with LED light bulbs all around the edges. "Hey," she mumbled. Avery didn't reply, more focused on perfecting the mascara. She didn't wear much makeup today, because she knew the edges would most likely get washed off during the hair appointment.

Ginny fiddled with her fingers. "I know there's. . . been some tension," Avery scoffed lightly, "but I want you to know that I regret it and. . . I'm sorry, Avery."

There it was, the lousy attempt at an apology.

Avery didn't say a word, only switching the mascara out for a blending brush for her eyeshadow. It was some light brown that gradually turned darker in the outer corners. The blonde knew she made Ginny swallow harshly. She reveled in it.

"Can you say something, please?"

"Get out."

Ginny's lips parted. "What?"

"Get. Out." Avery accentuated the words, glaring at her through the mirror. "Get out of my room, Virginia."

The brunette of the two swallowed again. When she barely moved, Avery dropped the brush that clattered on the smooth surface of her dresser and turned around. She moved towards Ginny and pushed her out, slamming the doors in her face, locking them.

Georgia, who had been standing on the other side, merely raised a brow. "What did you expect, Peach?"

They - Paul and Georgia - had broken the news about Avery's new room to Ginny and Austin the night before, when Ginny moved back in. Austin had almost immediately knocked on the door to ask if she wanted to watch 'Harry Potter' which the blonde had agreed to, grabbing her Hufflepuff robe and sitting down beside him on the couch after making popcorn. They had decided to watch 'The Prisoner of Azkaban' with Avery covering Austin's eyes at the scary parts.