【Chapter 3】

A large pop sounded close by; another generator must have gone off. This caught the killer's attention. I watched as they went to investigate. When I knew for sure they were gone, I stepped out of the locker and booked it out of the barn only to run into a tall, curvy woman. Her hair was in a bun, and she wore a striped suit. It was Jane!

"𝘞𝘰𝘢𝘩, 𝘸𝘢𝘵𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘮𝘢𝘴. 𝘞𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘢 𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘦𝘧𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘥𝘰." I noticed she had bandages wrapped around her waist and her left shoulder. She must have been hooked too.

We silently made our way to a generator and started to work on it together. We were soon joined by a man wearing a hat and shades. He grinned when he saw Jane and I and worked on the generator with us. He was also patched up.

"𝘈𝘤𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘯, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘺 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘬." Jane scolded. Making the man grin and shake his head releasing a small chuckle.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘰𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘰𝘰𝘬 𝘵𝘰𝘰, 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳. 𝘎𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘧𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩. 𝘏𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘦𝘵."

The generator popped causing a siren to go off. That must mean the gates are powered.

"𝘏𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘠/𝘯, 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶. 𝘚𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭." he winked as I smiled.

The three of us made our way to a large gate, and we saw Nea already opening the gate. I could feel a presence behind us. Turning around I see Ghostface sneaking up on us. They quickly slashed Ace before I could even warn anyway. he went down immediately.

"𝘠/𝘯! 𝘑𝘢𝘯𝘦! 𝘞𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘦𝘹𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥! 𝘞𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰 𝘯𝘰𝘸!" Nea screamed as the gate opened.

Jane grabbed my arm and dragged me to the exit. Before we left, I glanced back seeing Ace getting stabbed in the back repeatedly. The sicko then pulled Ace's head up to get a picture. That was the last thing I saw before I was consumed by the dark fog.

....::::**•°✾°•**::::....

My vision cleared up and I saw the campfire. Feng was the first to notice us. Ace then appeared next to me and smacked my shoulder lightly.

"𝘈𝘵𝘵𝘢 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭." he grinned.

"𝘐'𝘮 𝘴𝘰 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 𝘈𝘤𝘦. 𝘐𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘵. 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘴𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶." He shushed me and smiled.

"𝘓𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘥𝘰, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘥𝘰. 𝘐𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘳𝘵 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘵."

Feng skipped her way towards me. She then held up a puffy coat towards me. Ace left us to go talk to the others.

"𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘰𝘸𝘯 𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵." I smiled and slipped off Jake's jacket and put on my very own.

"𝘑𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦." She pointed towards a forest green tent. A light shown on the inside.

I made my way towards the tent. I didn't know what to say, I felt a sudden nervousness.

"𝘜𝘩, 𝘑𝘢𝘬𝘦? 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬𝘦𝘵 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬."

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯, 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥." I heard him say. I felt chills despite the puffy jacket.

I unzipped the tent and stepped in. Jake sat there looking through a toolbox. He looked up at me and gave a small smile.

"𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘭? 𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘨𝘰 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭?" He asked, taking his jacket and putting it back on.

I sighed and sat next to him. I told him everything that happened during the trial, and he listened. I felt like I could talk to him forever. Feng soon joined us with food.

"𝘏𝘦𝘳𝘦, 𝘉𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘥𝘦 𝘶𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘪." She said, sitting down and handing each of us a bowl of hot chili.

We all sat and talked about random things. Jake gave me advice on being stealthy while Feng gave me tips on repairing. I told them stories of my life before this. They also told me stories of their past, and past trials.

"𝘖𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘰𝘥, 𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘥𝘳𝘰𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘵 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘯 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘚𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘦𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥." Feng laughed as she told the story. "He targeted me for the rest of the trial. it was so worth it though." She finished with a giggle.

"𝘐𝘵'𝘴 𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦. 𝘍𝘦𝘯𝘨, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘶𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦." Jake said, setting the dirty bowls next to the tent flap.

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯" Feng smiled and grabbed my hand and opened up the tent.

She grabbed the bowls and dropped them by a creek. Jeff and Ash were washing them and cracking jokes.

Feng then led me to her orangish tent. I was big enough for the both of us. She and I settled into different sleeping bags and talked until she fell asleep. 

I laid awake and thought of how I missed my sister. I can only imagine how she's doing without me. I sighed and closed my eyes, letting the sleep take over me. I was so exhausted, so much has changed.

I just miss my sister...