Chapter 9

After careful planning, the four decided to attack the Marines at exactly noon when the meeting starts. Like their plan, Hongjoong and Seonghwa would disguise as new recruits and Wooyoung and San as sponsors. Of course, they had the suit to play the part, they just needed the acting to be on point as well.

Weirdly for the Marines, sponsors are allowed to join the meeting as well. It never happened in the Reapers meetings, but again, these guys were American. They probably did everything differently to how the Reapers managed their activities.

With Hongjoong and Seonghwa going first, Wooyoung and San were left to their own devices to improvise. The four had matching earpieces, allowing them to communicate seamlessly and without their enemies finding out they've been communicating. Plus, they'll be communicating in Korean, adding a layer of mysterious aura around the new recruits and sponsors.

They had also agreed that if anyone asks any questions about why they're here, they will reply that they are under Sunghan's orders to go there, and not go with San's original plan of blasting everyone's head off. They've decided that it was too violent, and when Hongjoong agrees to terms like these, you follow. You never know when he's going to revolt and fall into his violent impulses.

"You're looking very expensive indeed, Mr Choi," Wooyoung commented as the two were putting on their respective suits. Wooyoung's suit was an expensive Burberry that San bought for him as a birthday gift a few years back. It was a simple two piece suit, but it hugged Wooyoung's body perfectly and would definitely attract a few eyes to distract the Marines. San's suit, on the other hand, was a Ralph Lauren suit given by one of his partners. San declined any sort of materialistic goods and only wanted money, but since the partner was broke at that time for dealing with San, San had to accept a beautifully crafted Ralph Lauren suit in return. Wooyoung would've snatched it anyway when he stroke the deal, but for some reason, this was one of San's least favourite suits.

San looked at him through the mirror as he buttoned up his blazer, "not so bad yourself, Mr Jung." He turned around and grinned at Wooyoung, "ready to be my arm candy?"

Wooyoung scoffed, walking over to his best friend, "have you seen your ass in this suit, Mr Choi? You're more likely to become an arm candy than I am."

San hummed, not saying anything as he slipped two daggers into the inner blazer pocket, Wooyoung mimicking the same movement. They already have a shoulder holster underneath their blazer, but you can never go wrong with a few extra blades. Especially if you're Wooyoung, whose choice of weapon will always be daggers and blades.

"We really don't have to kill them, y'know," San said as they got into the lift and started descending down to the lobby, "we could just abandon this mission and go back to Seoul."

Wooyoung looked at his best friend confusedly, "you never back down from a mission like this. What's different this time?"

"Dunno," San shrugged, staring straight at the lift door and not at Wooyoung, "you seem tensed, that's all."

"Aw, are you worried about me, Sannie?" Wooyoung cooed, stepping a little too much into San's personal space. When San didn't flinch at all at the sudden intrusion, Wooyoung decided to step further and stood on his tip toes, brushing his lips against San's ear, "you'll be protecting me, though, won't you, Sannie?"

San was about to say something in response to that, but the lift door opened to the lobby, and Wooyoung immediately stepped out into the grand lobby. The two had booked a luxurious taxi to make it seem like they were rich sponsors coming from rich places (Wooyoung wasn't sure where they'd claim they're from, but San suggested Hudson Valley since it was where all the car makers lived, according to San's research). The taxi took them directly to the Marines' meeting place, where the two were dropped off by the chauffeur and San paid him more than he deserved.