Chapter 4

THIRD PERSON POINT OF VIEW

The car of Vance sped toward Ky's location, but then he suddenly stopped, questioning his own actions. "Why the hell am I going to where she is?" He became increasingly confused about his behavior and ultimately decided not to follow his wife.

He stopped the car and decided to head back to his company again.

He parked the car in the parking lot and decided to head straight to his private office.

This unexpected change in his demeanor frightened his employees, but he didn't unleash another rampage of firings this time.

He simply entered his office and immersed himself in work, muttering, "Ano bang pake ko? Tsk."

He chose to push aside his feelings for his wife and focus on his appointment more.

------------------------

As night fell, Ky was already back home, and her luggage, containing all her belongings, was prepared for their visit to her in-laws' house.

Since she had already returned from Batangas to her family beach house, she was full of energy, and her social battery was recharged. She looked at her belongings and thought about Vance.

She pondered, "Should I text him?" She glanced at her phone but quickly realized, "Oh wait, I don't have his number, hahaha."

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a car pulling into the driveway. She assumed that her husband had finally returned home and greeted him.

"Aalis na ba tayo ngayon?" she asked as Vance entered their house.

She noticed his disheveled appearance, messy hair, and dark under-eye bags as he glanced at her.

"Hmm, yeah. I'm just going to pack my things. Wait here," Vance replied without looking at her and headed upstairs to prepare.

"Anyare don? Mukhang zombie," she muttered to herself, brushing off his appearance as she took a seat on the couch and continued browsing her phone while waiting for her husband so they could go to his parents' house.

----------------------

After a while, Vance had his luggage in his hands, and the scent of his cologne filled the air as he descended the stairs.

"I'm ready, let's go," he said, grabbing Ky's luggage as well. Ky was slightly surprised but said, "Wait, wait, I will put my luggage in my car."

Vance raised his eyebrows, puzzled. "What do you mean by that, woman?" he asked sternly, not understanding her intention.

Ky clarified, "I mean, I will put it in my car because we are driving in separate cars."

Vance's grip on her luggage tightened, and he stared at her with an emotionless expression, his voice low and dark as he said, "What would my parents say if we arrived in separate cars?" He was clearly furious due to her attitude.

Ky realized her mistake. "Oh yeah, I forgot, sorry," she apologized and allowed Vance to take her luggage to his car.

He opened the car door and got in, not bothering to hold the door open for her.

In Ky's mind: "Yeah, what should I expect from this man?"

She opened the backseat of his car but stopped when her husband asked, "What are you doing again this time?" He looked at her through the rearview mirror, his eyebrows twitching.

"What do you think? Of course, I'm going to sit in the backseat," she replied, a bit confused by his latest whim.

Vance, with a serious tone, said, "I am not your driver, miss. Sit in the front, now." His demand left her with no choice but to open the front passenger door and take a seat.