chapter 34

Jenna firmly holds my hand as we descend the stairs into the living room. Multiple eyes gaze at us with confusion, and in Isaac's case, regret. Jenna shoots a fierce look at her older brother and clenches her jaw in annoyance. My cheeks turn red as I meet the gazes of Mia and Aliyah.

"What..." Mia murmurs weakly, looking at our intertwined hands with a smile on her lips.

With my free hand, I wave to the two sisters and offer them a nervous smile.

"Family, there's something I need to tell you. It's something important about my personal life" Jenna begins, breaking the contact between our hands, looking at her family with a mix of excitement and fear.

"What's wrong, dear? You seem worried. Speak up, we're here for you" Natalie smiles at her daughter as she tidies up the table.

"I'm dating someone, y/n. We've fallen in love with each other" Jenna drops the news like a bomb, and an uncomfortable silence fills the room.

"What?" Isaac's question sounds angry, and I can't help but give him an inquisitive look.

"Really? Congratulations!" Mia opens her arms in a gesture of joy and rushes to hug us. "I adore y/n, I knew there was something between you two" she adds after breaking the hug.

"As happy as I am for you girls... I'm worried about my sister's future" Aliyah chimes in, nervously biting her lower lip.

"And... and... that's why I didn't want to tell you earlier" Jenna confesses, glancing at me. "We know how risky it is, but I couldn't ignore my feelings" the brunette sighs loudly and rests her head on my chest.

"Yes... we've been through a lot... but despite all that, we're here" I add, placing a hand on Jenna's shoulder to comfort her.

"Oh, Jenna. So, that explains why you tried to keep your relationship a secret. I understand your concerns, but what truly matters is your happiness" Natalie's affirmation makes me smile, relieved that my mother-in-law approves of our relationship.

"I knew there was something special in the air. Y/n is a wonderful girl, and we've noticed her dedication and kindness from the first day we met her" Edward looks at us with melancholic eyes as he nibbles on a piece of cake.

"How... how did you know?" I spontaneously ask, and Edward looks at me with a slight smile. "Dear, every time Isaac hugged you or kissed you on the cheek, my daughter looked at him as if she wanted to make him explode" he chuckles softly and shakes his head amusedly.

"Wow, Marie, I can't believe you and y/n are together" Isaac looks at her sister with venom.

"I've told you a thousand times, call me Jenna" Jenna replies, pulling away from my body.

The brunette walks in the direction of his brother and scans him from top to bottom with indifference.

"I didn't know you were a disgusting... lesbian" Isaac replies, looking at her sister with his jaw clenched. Jenna blinks in surprise but smiles mischievously. "Isaac! Apologize to your sister" Natalie reproaches his son with a stern look.

"Isaac..." Mia mutters disappointed.

"Leave it" Jenna raises her hand to make them understand that she will solve it on her own "I don't like being labeled... but I can't stand it when you say "lesbian" with hate" Jenna bites her lower lip and looks at Isaac with wide eyes icy.

"You knew I liked y/n" Isaac answers, looking at me through narrowed eyes.
" Ever since you came to my house, she's was mine" Jenna says, smirking. I widen my eyes when I see Jenna slap his brother across the cheek.

"Well...I'm not an object so...possess" I mutter and Jenna looks at me with unreadable eyes. "I shut up" I add and she makes a small smile.

"Jenna!" Natalie's voice is hard and cold.

Isaac rubs his cheek in pain and looks at the situation angrily.

"Sorry, Mom, but I had to. He kissed my girlfriend" Jenna walks over to me again and laces our fingers together.

"Like you said, he didn't know" Edward interjects raising an eyebrow, a gesture that reminds me incredibly of her daughter.

"My God, you're her teacher!" Isaac states angrily. " You're violating a lot of rules, and besides, she was a minor" Isaac continues, looking at me with sparkling eyes. " And you think i didn't know? Do you know how many nights I spent wondering if I was doing the right thing by ignoring my feelings? Do you know how many times I had to choose to ignore her to avoid complications?"

I look at the ground feeling uncomfortable

"Do you know how I felt when the girl I loved was meeting someone else? Do you know what that means, Isaac?"

Jenna was looking at his brother with tears streaming down her face. With a squeezing heart, I wrap my arms around her waist so that her back rests against my chest. I give her a kiss on the back of the neck, trying to offer her as much comfort as possible.

"Do you know what it means or not? Not being able to walk hand in hand with her at school? Do you know that, Isaac?" Jenna asks in exasperation and I pull her closer to me.

"Calm down, love" I whisper in her ear and the tension in her shoulders disappears. "And don't bring age into this, because you're also older than me and her" she adds quickly, placing a hand on my arm and caressing it.

"No... I don't know..." Isaac clenches his jaw in anger and disappointment. His eyes shift in my direction and gaze at me sadly. " Now... now I just want to go out for some fresh air" He mutters weakly before walking towards the exit of the house.

"And go after your son" Natalie asserts, earning an inquisitive look. Edward sighs and heads towards the door to follow his son.

"Calm down..." I whisper again, and Jenna quickly turns around, resting her head against my chest. My girl's shoulders shake with spasms, and with sadness, I reciprocate the desperate hug.

"Oh, Jen..." Mia approaches and timidly embraces her from behind, looking at me with shiny eyes "You don't have to worry... the night probably didn't end as you expected, but you should know that we have no prejudices about your relationship" Jenna looks at her sister with tear-filled eyes.

"Really?" She asks in a low voice, and Mia slowly nods her head.
"Of course, sweetheart" Natalie says, and Jenna moves away from my arms, wiping her eyes with her shirt sleeve.

"We'll always be here for you" Aliyah says, and a shy smile forms on Jenna's lips, revealing her dimple.

"Now... how about watching y/n open the gifts?" Mia suggests with a touch of excitement, and we all agree with her proposal.

"Yes, that would be fantastic" I confirm, and Mia smiles genuinely.

After opening the beautiful gifts given to me by my girlfriend's family, we decided to end the night avoiding any further drama. Isaac and Edward hadn't returned yet, which worried me a bit, and the other girls in the house were in their respective guest rooms.

I was in bed waiting for Jenna, who was in the shower and wanted to go to sleep, when a notification on my phone diverted my attention from my thoughts. Confused, I picked it up from the shelf and wondered who it could be from.

Unknown

Belated happy birthday, party girl!

How about this gift?

My breath caught as I saw the attachment of an image. An unpleasant sensation washed over me as I saw that the photo showed Jenna and me kissing in the infamous science lab.

My breath became erratic, and I looked at the photo in panic, unable to believe what my eyes were seeing.

Damn it, the troubles never seemed to end!