Chapter Four (Dameta)

It was noon when Marcel arrived in his chambers. He unstrapped his belt and remove his coat then walked over to the chair where his wife sat, the fire in front of her was dying, He sat across from her, " how fear you my love?".
"A letter from the Citadel, sister Sandal was killed two days ago, he arms and legs ripped off and nailed to a wall in Whitehalf, the Haspher carved into her head."
"What on earth could do such a think."
"The sisters believe demons."
"Demons? In Valhima? The white half is the closet castle to the Night fort, what was a sister doing that far north?"
"People have been going missing in the white mountains, the villagers of Nethim said they saw shadows moving in the darkness and have fled south." The doors of the chamber were flung open cutting off Marcel before he could speak, in came Dameta, "I won't do it, the man is older than you father, do you honestly think that I would marry that." He blond hair was braided into a ponytail and rested right above the small of her back, her dress was a simpler gray gown with long sleeves that ended just above the wrist and a silver pendant around her neck.
"No." her mother said turning to the fire, "but you will." She said her face hard and serious.
"I will not." Dameta disagree " I am already in love with someone else and it is my wish to marry him, and nothing you or father can do to stop us." She said rather confidently.
"Oh my dear child." Marcel said finally a speaking up, "who told you he will, he him self is already engaged to be wed, who will you marry then, his dragon? Or did you hope to be one of his principalities when he takes the throne." A flush of shock was written on her face, "sure he didn't know of whom I speak." She said to her self. "How did you.."
"My darling girl, you have been in the capital what? A year and some weeks, do you not know that anything done in this city is public knowledge?, you think your self clever." He stood and walked towards her as she stuttered and in fear, " the whole castle knows of you and the Prince's intimacy. There are no shortage of bats and crows in this fowl city, And each bring tails of your doings to the Green-tower."
"Well the Prince and I are in love, he promised me that we were to be wed and I believe and trust him, I'll be Turing 16 soon, I am a woman now, so I can follow my own mind." She said boldly, pushing her chest up to exert her dominance, but when her father looked at her his brown eyes flushed with anger, she coward falling back to the little girl who had always dreamt of being a queen, playing princess and knight with her ladies and the boys who worked in the kitchen and stables of her fathers castle. " you are no more a woman than Eros is the Emperor, and as such you will do as ordered or I swear I will send you to the flaming Temple in Hellsgate, to be come à sister of the High Vishard."
At that, he dance of power ended, for the life of a sister ment swearing and oath of celibacy and religious devotion.
"Father, I, I'm sorry, I didn't mean..." she was cut off.
"The next Time you seek to insult this family you will think twice, and remember you are still a girl, and will do as your father bides or I swear to you, I will cut your hair off and rap you in the holy cloths my self, now leave and speak no more of this."
Her red face a mask of anger, she turned sharply her blond braid swang over her shoulders as she exited.
"Dear gods the child seems to grow more restless and spiteful by the day, what ever will we do." He walked over to her chair.
"Pray and hope that a mature husband can calm her temper."
"Hhmmm, perhaps. The fire is dying dearest do you mind ?" He asked to his wife.
She moved her fingers and hands in a swirling motion and a gentle breeze blew in and the the fire rises steadily.
As she walked down the hall she stop and a door with her brother name on it, furious she push into the room, "Eros, get out here you red headed monster." She shouted, then heard foot steps walking towards the closed door to her right.
"Demy?, What is it?, I was knee deep in the last chapter of my book."
"Why? Why couldn't you and father and mother had just staid a Green-tower, instead you come here, steel my love and my position and I am to be shipped off to some old sea lord who probably can't even remember north for south."
"Forgive me sister but I don't understand?, you do know non of this was my fault right?, I had no intentions of marrying the Prince nor did I wish to sit on a throne, I was quite content with Green-tower and would have done well just being a lord."
"I know you wanted him, I could see it in your eyes, you wanted what was mine."
"Have you gone mad? I don't like the halfwit, I would gladly give him to you if it were up to me, but alas it is not and I, just like you, have a duty to fulfil."
"This has always been your way, taking what should be mine. My dolls when we were children."
"you never played with them just stuffed them in a box to collect dust."
"My favorite horse when i was 12."
"Father gave it to me as a present, I felt you have no need for a black war horse as you would never ride to battle."
"Even the boy I fancied from green town."
" he wondered into my rooms, I did not know you fancied him and he was only a serving boy it's not like you could have married him sister."
"No, but all of those things were mine and you took them from me, now you come her and take the man I love." She said as a whimper escaped her lips, she pressed them together to stop the sounds but her eye betrayed her and tears started streaming down her redden cheeks.
"Demy, I'm, I'm so sorry- I- I didn't mean to hurt you in any way." He stepped to wards her, attempting to comfort her but she stepped back feeling betrayed and hurt.
"Yes, you did, you always have taking what is mine, you are a shitty big brother."
"Demy, I'm sorry, I never asked for any of this, and I would give it up to you if it was in my power."
"But you could." She said hopefully, walking towards him and holding his hand and tear filled smile on her face.
"You could sail back to Alveria and refuse to marry him."
"Then I would have disobeyed the crowns order, and by law I would be imprisoned."
"Then I could help you find a ship and you could sail to Nalador or Divinia, there are many cities in the the east and western continents that would blink an eye at a simpleton."
"So to earn your forgiveness, you want me to choose infamy and flee my home land and bring shame upon our parents and house so you can marry a man who has already agreed to marry me?" He said confused and annoyed at the same time. "Think not, what ever it is I suggest you and him fix it or run away together since it's what you wish of me, because I won't do it."
"Then you a are the bastard I always thought you were." She dropped his hands aggressively.
"I am not the one to you should direct you're rage at, I had no wish to marry the half with, so please take that up with him and the crown."
"Burn in hell."
"As long as you burn with me sweet sister, for we are of then same blood and it would be terribly boring to burn alone. May haps your Prince could join us, ahhh what a handsome match we would all make." She slapped him across his cheeks, the skin a pale pink Turing to red. "I see your bit is as strong as your bite little sister."
" I am not your sister, not now, not ever."
" Demy I am truly sorry. I really had no intention of hurting you." She never answered she just walked for the door but before she left she said one last thing, " I will never forget this" she slammed the door behind her and walked speedily down the hall. And into the lift going up to the prince's apartments, all the while speaking to her self "they next loved you, they aren't your  family. But Lucy loves you. He'll put things right. Eros is just lying, you Prince would never hurt you like that." When she got to his floor she wiped her face, fixed her dress and put a pleasing smile on her face they entered through the double doors. "My Prince?" She walked in looking around not seeing him, she wondered where he is, so she took a seat on him chair a bowl of grapes in her lap she ate slowly, after and hour she stood and walk to the balcony looking out at the city below its lights twinkling in the night from the island to the mainland. She thought how beautiful yet sad, a true princess locked in the tower waiting for her Prince to come save her, she thought to her self. Then a whisper spoke "and what if he doesn't come." The voice said raspy and old. She spoon around to see who said that but there was nothing but the wind blowing the certains.
"And what if they turn their back on you?." The voice said again. Feeling fear rising in her she said, "who are you ?" The Prince come through the door, "Lucy" she gathered her gown and dashed towards him, leaping into his arms,
"I told them I won't do it" she cried dryly, her arms wrapped around his neck. "We can do this together. We can change things."  She placed a kiss on his cheek. But he hadn't said a word, he gently pushed her forward. She looked into his beautiful pale green orange eyes that seem to change colour every now and then. "We should speak, please take a seat." Her smile slowly fell. when they sat he spoke softly, "I remember the day you arrived, like it was yesterday, your blue gown flapping in the wind covered in red lassies, your golden hair braided with silver jewels, and a silver band around your head. you looked radiant." she smiled "he does love me, he always have" she thought. then he reached out and held her hand. "but, I am the prince of Celestia, I am the heir and the crown."