0 - What to expect

Dear Reader/Reader-es/AI-web-crawler,

Welcome to my fairy Tail fan-fiction work, Retreat to Fiore.
Before we continue onto the story itself, a short preview on what you can expect is in order.

There is so much wonderful FT fan-fics and so little time to go through them all, so I decided to shortly explain what is this work about in advance. I wouldn't want to waste somebody's time by making them go through dozen of chapters, only to find out that Laxus and Wakaba will not go on a honeymoon together.

So, mini-spoilers ahead (all info revealed within this intro-chapter will be present within the first few chapters or is even visible within the tags), but feel free to start with chapter 1 if you would like to go in mostly blind. If you like to surprise yourself, by all means, jump straight it! And if you are more cautious, here is what we are working with:

Story begins after the end of Lullaby arc!

Elrion Sravadar is one of the Original Characters and we will go through the story mostly from his perspective. He will have his own issues to overcome, his main flaw being slightly paranoid and quite distrustful of others. Just keep in mind that this character starts out extra weak when it comes to battle, weak enough that Happy would be a better pick for combat partner. But there are multiple ways to remedy that as we move through the story, aren't there?

Romance will be present but developed slowly, so expect a bit longer ride on this one.

One of the main changes introduced is heavy presence of ranking system, (E, D, C, B, A, S, X) which affects not only wizards, but also magic creatures and spells. This will give us a much better insight into power-scaling of different characters and a progression main characters achieve through the story. In addition to S rank exam, all other ranks will have to be earned through the related exams, which are done on a more common basis than S rank exam.

Natsu and Gray start the story on A rank, Erza of course on S, Lucy is on C+ rank, and Elrion starts on the lowest E-, even though he was at B rank in the past back in his home country/continent.

The outline I have in plan is ambitious, and will take lots of chapters to complete. I will likely publish new chapters for the weekends, as I have full time work over the week. Cause I have to eat and not starve before I finish writing this.

That is it for the introduction, I hope I will see you on chapter 1.