Screw sexists.

Is gender equality still a myth in the 21st century:               
Does it not bother you that we as young girls are told so many different ways to change how we dress so that the men around us can 'control' themselves? Or that the boys we know will be rewarded for things we as girls would be shamed for? For example when a man sleeps with lots of women he's titled a "stud" or "legend", however when I women sleeps with lots of men she's called names such as "whore" and "slut". This is blatant sexism and this is unfair. Gender inequality starts before we are even born and gender equality is definitely still a myth even in the 21st century. There are lots of challenges girls face throughout their lives that boys won't even begin to appreciate and will tell us we're "over dramatic" or say "it's not that bad". Take the pink tax for example: although men's and women's products will do the exact same thing, women can be charged up to 100% more just because the product is 'pretty'. Just because I'm a girl can I not buy a blue razor? Especially when that razor is half the price! Not to mention the fact that pads and tampons are listed as a luxury item, charging women for sanitary items that should be free.  Think about all the women in poverty who can't even afford basic hygiene products when they need it most.
However gender inequality starts well before even secondary school. In fact some of it starts even before birth. Ever wonder why an unborn foetus has more right then a full grown woman? That's partly to do with the fact that the foetus can and may still grow up to be a man. However that's a topic for another chapter, back to primary school. Did anyone in primary school ever repeatedly hear the phrase 'can I get any strong boys to help me move such and such' putting down girls before they even get the chance to prove themselves. What about the strong girls who can also lift chairs? Another example is when young girls are told that 'he's only pushing you cause he likes you' are we as a society that inhumane that we cannot teach young boys how to express their feelings? That we teach them to use violence (even in case as small as this) to show their interest towards a girl instead of using their voice and feelings.
This kind of treatment goes all the way into adulthood hood for most, if not all women out there. This is massively shown in the gender pay gap. The gender pay gap is where both a man and a women will be working the same job, however, for every £1 the man gets, the woman will only get on average 79p of that £1 she should be earning.
Some men will try justify things like this by telling you 'men work harder' or by denying that it happens altogether. These boys are privileged and do not know what it feels like to be told things such as 'roll your skirt down you are distracting male teachers' or 'you can't wear that you'll give boys the wrong idea', the issue here is not the girls or the clothes, it's the idea that what a girl wears, determines what happens to her.
Bullshit. If I walk into a cafe with a apron on it does not make me a waitress, if I walk into a hospital with a nurse outfit on it certainly doesn't make me a doctor. Therefore my dress, a piece of clothing I choose to wear for myself and myself only is NOT an invitation for your advances.
A dress is not a yes.
Personally one of the most frustrating struggles I experience as a feminist is the misconception that feminist=man hater, it does not. As a feminist and a women I know that the men around me do also experience sexism, being told lies such as: boys shouldn't cry or girls don't like emotional guys. As a feminist I do not discriminate based on gender (of course I do not discriminate at all) and I am most certainly not a man hater. No matter what gender you are or how you look I, along with other feminists do not care, actions are the best way to show this world who you are. Just because I want the same rights as a man does not mean I think men are below me, revolution is what we as women are fighting for, not revenge.
The word feminist can often pose negative connotations and come off under the impression as women being 'supreme to men'.
This is not what we as feminists want, what we want is to be listened to and understood. We want to feel safe walking alone at night knowing a man isn't waiting on our venerability, and that if he is our case we be listened to in court and not dismissed to become part of a larger percentage of the ones before us.
As a woman I'm so tired of having eyes rolled at me when I express that i'm a feminist or some of the great speakers like Emma Wastons sniggered at by girls (girls!) in my class because for some reason it is deemed 'not cool' to support and uplift other women.
We as feminists are tired of being named "sensitive" by those boys around us when we bring up the struggles of womanhood, tired of relentlessly being told "it's not that big a deal and you know it happens to men too" when we talk about the statics of the women in the past who were not believed when fighting for their rights.
We as feminists are sick of speaking up and speaking up when the only ears that will listen is our own. Begging and begging the men around us to spare just moments of their time so that we can talk to those who need to listen the most.
Screw sexists.
Screw sexists is what I say; don't let them try take what we have worked so hard for, don't let them try silence us when we scream, don't ever let them believe our bodies are theirs to judge and even touch. Sexism won't control us, as a society blatant sexism is over looked, men in charge believe they know more about women then the women themselves.
And remember: women don't owe you shit.
Have you ever really thought about the fact that no is a fully sentence and can carry so much meaning and emotion but can also be disregarded so quickly? Because I have. Girls can often find themselves in situations where saying no to a guy leads to a comment saying something like "what you gay or something?" Or "you must be a lesbian if you don't want me" and to be honest the roles of this can often be reversed as the same can happen to men. By someone dismissing your advances they are simply saying 'no thank you I don't like you like that' or something along those lines. They are not however saying 'yes there is a much deeper meaning behind this two letter word because why else would I not accept your advances with open arms?'. No means no.
Girls, guys, boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, I don't care. No will always mean no and that is something everyone should accept and respect.
I don't know about you guys but has anyone else ever sat there and questioned where on earth sexism came from in the first place? Why do I as a girl get shamed for things I do with my body when we all came from someone with the same parts as me! It honestly amazes me, and not in a good way, that even from a young age I was sexualised. Ever took a deeper look at baby clothes? If you do you will obviously notice the stereotypical blue for a boy and pink for a girl. (Fun side fact: did you know pink was typically a men's colour in the 1700s). Now these aren't my main issue although I do not personally believe in 'boy colours and girl colour' a colour is a colour. However my main problem is the writing written on said baby clothes. When I searched Baby clothes for girls, this one of the first things to come up: