Part 1.

With my books held tightly to my chest, I slid down the wall, and crossed my legs. Today's been tough day, and each night I pray the next will be better, but it never is. It's a continuous cycle of bad days.

I take my iPod out of my pocket, and play my sound app through my earphones; the sound of rain. I feel so serene at this moment in time, so peaceful whilst all the students are scurrying past me trying to frantically search for their friends. Today is the last day of school, before summer and I have never been more excited, this is a summer I will always remember; I can feel it.

1pm, lunch time. I hate lunch time; I'd rather skip it and have lessons continuously one after another so we get to go home early. I feel a presence sit down next to me, I look up and instantly I am met with sparkling ice blue eyes- Luke.

Luke is one of my best friends, but during school he sits with his band, whilst I sit with my other best friend, Laina who is off today.

"Hey." He smiles at me.

"Hi." I respond.

"Why are you here?" I ask politely, so he doesn't thing I am being rude.

"You looked lonely, you can come sit with us?" I looked over to where his band mates were sitting, they're nice and all, but they don't understand me like Luke does.

I stand up, sling my bag over my shoulders and walk slowly over to the table. His band mates look shocked to see I'm actually sitting with them. I take a seat beside Luke, opposite Calum, but my earphones are still in so nobody says anything to me.

The boys talk about a new song they're writing, I have to admit they're a very good band, and I do like to have a sneaky look while they are practising.

The whole way throughout lunch I didn't say a word, Luke kept glancing my way, as if he wanted to say something, but decided against it.

I made my way to last period, when the bell rang, which was history- my favourite lesson of the day. We're learning about the causes of the great war, stuff like the assassination of the Arch Duke Franz Ferdinand. I like learning about stuff England were involved in, I was born there, but my dad was Australian so my family moved over to Australia when I was six, and I grew up next door to Luke. So it's nice to find out more about where I am from.

When the final bell rang signalling it was time to go home, everyone was quick to rush out the door, including me. It's not that I hate school , I just don't like 99.5% of the people who go.

I wait at the back gates, playing a quick game on my iPod whilst waiting for Luke, and after 6 minutes he finally showed up.

"Sorry" He pauses whilst he catches his breath. I look at him expectantly.

"Mrs malgrew kept us behind because Michael kept throwing stuff at me and speaking, not the best way to spend the lesson, but what can you do?"

"And..."

"And what?" Luke asked confused.

"Why are you out of breath?" I laughed a bit.

" Oh! I didn't want you to leave without me so I ran." I gasped, hand to my chest and said;

"Luke Hemmings? Running?" He laughed and playfully pushed me.

We walked along the park behind my house, it's a shortcut and not many people walk down there.

"hey, are you and your mum coming to our barbeque on Saturday, my mum keeps pestering me to ask." I tuck a piece of hair that fell in front of my face behind my ear, and shrugged.

"I'll ask my mum tonight, and text you later"

"okay." We kept walking, talking about different bands and other things we have in common until we reached our houses.

Luke's house is before mine, so I say goodbye to him and make my way down my drive, I unlock my door and as I open it, I look to my right to see Luke looking over at me, I wave and so does he. When I walk into my house I am met by my dog, Merlin and then I stoke him.

I ascend the stairs to my room, Merlin hot on my trail and drop my bag on my desk. I walk over to my music shelf and open the mixed CD Luke made me labelled 'For when you're feeling down.' The first song that played through the speakers was 'Wake me up when September ends' by Green Day, one of my all-time favourite songs. It's followed by 'hey there Delilah' then an original song by Luke's band; 'unpredictable.' As unpredictable plays I start to fall asleep.