chap 2

Myeong's pov:

Those last few weeks went with just organizing things for my flight. I told my boss I'm quitting, and she was emotional. I promised to stay in contact with her.

I talked to Mrs Yu, and I learned I will be a makeup artist to a boy band, with 5 members. I'll have to pass few training and tests, and I'll be in.

I packed 3 suitcases and a bag with me. It was hard to leave the US, but I just feel this is the right thing. I'll miss my mom and dad so much.

And Willie. Oh Willie.

We told him I'm going to another place, but ill talk to him every day. I will miss him so much.

I closed the last suitcases, and looking at my half empty room.

I looked at my phone. It's 12.09 and I need to wake up in 2 hours.

It won't be very helpful if I'll sleep for an hour and half, so I just organized more and more.

×××××××××××

Its 4 am, and we are now on the way to the airport. It's 15 hours flight, so I packed a lot of food. I spent a lot from my savings on this trip, but it will worth it.

My dad talked a lot on the way, and my mom was quite. We put Willie yesterday at our neighbors so now he is probably sleeping now.

We went through all the security stuff, and when I went to the last check in, my mom came and hugged me.
"I'll miss you, myeong. " She whispered.
" I'll miss both of you so much" I almost cried.

That will be fine.

I hope.

I waved goodbye to them, holding my tears. It was hard to leave them, but it's not forever, just few years or so. And I'll come back for the holidays.

Once I passed all the security steps, I sat down and took a coffee. It's now 6 am, and I'm tired.

I tried to learn Korean in those few weeks. I learned so much- I knew before the Hangul (korean alphabet) and some basic conversation, but I wouldn't survive a day here, so I learned verbs and words.

I can speak in broken Korean some simple conversation, but I can't understand when other speaks because of the accent and the fast talking.

I tried to learn here too, but I wasn't concentrated. I kept reading through same line so I just gave up and put some music.

I was waiting for about 40 minutes when they called my flight. I went to the direction of it, and once i got in the plane, I knew there is no turn back.

My place is in the middle of the airplane, and I booked the seat beside the window. I won't be comfortable seating between 2 strangers.

My little suitcase I brought to the airplane fitted excellent in the shelf above my sit. In my bag I took few snacks and my security files, passport and my jewelry, and in the suitcase I brought more food, some clothes and regular basis stuff.

The people started to fill the plane so I just rested my head on the window and waited for the flight to start.

I noticed that someone sat beside my. I hope it's a women.

I glanced and saw it's a little boy, and the woman beside him must be his mother. They were korean too, like most of the plane, so it's hard to tell their ages. I got back the the window, and I felt my eyes closing and I fell asleep.

I woke up after about 6 hours. I was so tired after a sleepless night.

I just listened to music and watched some random movie on my screen.

Once the airplane landed there was a lot of movements so I waited for about 5 minutes before I could stand up and take my suitcase. Once I got out of the airplane I headed to the lobby.

The company gave me the option for a small apartment near the company. It was nice and not too small. Ill need to pay just about half of the price. They told me they will sent me someone to help me to go their.

I walked past lots of people, trying to see my name on a sign, and then I saw it- Gu Myeong. It was in English and in Korean.

I saw it was a woman, about 40? Again, I'm bad at asian ages.

I headed to her and bowed with "안녕하세요 [hello]" and she did too.

"Hello, I am Kim Byeol, but you can call me just miss Byeol." She was so nice. We started to go forward to the exit.
"I am x-lovers manager, and I'm assuming you are the new makeup artist?" She asked me and I nodded "yes".

From here we took the bus, so that I "could know the city a bit", like Ms Byeol said . She asked a lot, like when I started my makeup career, since when I live in the US and if I know the band.

I did not know them actually, so I did a research. They are a 5 members group- seongchan, Minseo, Himchan, taejin and namseok.

They did their debut (I needed to search about that too. What is even debut means??) 2 years ago.
They also are about to have their 4th mini album, "by your window", in a month.

I also listened to few of their songs on the flight, and they do have talent. Some songs are catchy, some are slow heartbreaking songs.

"Here we go. This is your apartment " we finally arrived after an hour + 3 different busses. Unnecessary, we could get here earlier if my manager wasn't wasn't excited to show the city.

Seoul is pretty. So pretty. It's now 12 at the morning. It's 16 hours ahead here so I don't know how I will stay in contact with my family.

Ms Byeol gave me the keys and I started to explore the place. It wasn't too much though. A bathroom without a bath tub. Bit it wasn't small. I liked it. A kitchen a small bedroom and a living room. I'll need to get used to this. It's so different here from LA.

The view is pretty, too. I'm in an apartment building so it's pretty high, and I am sure that at the night the lights will be incredibly.

I started to unpack my suitcase. I have 2 more an the way, the should arrive in few hours. My company payed extra to make it faster. Just one of the endless benefits.

I took a family picture from home and now I put it in the counter. It was perfect now.
Once everything was in place, I ploped on the bed.

I'm gonna live my best life.

Omg Chap 2 is done! Please like this post! Feel free to dm me any ideas you have!
Again, some mistakes can made here cuz im not an English speaker! Luv u