chap 1

Myeong's pov:

I think about myself as a lucky person, even though my life isn't perfect. I have a house, 2 amazing parents and a little brother. I love them with all my heart.

A house is a thing where you should feel comfortable- it can be a place, a person, anything that makes you safe.

For me, it's where my family is. I've seen so many people that unfortunately don't feel safe at their own house, and it makes me feel sad.

"Mey-Mey sweetheart! It's almost time to go, come and eat fast " my mom's voice interrupted my thoughts.

Right, I have a job. It's been almost 3 months since I started working as a makeup artist, and it's the best choice I've ever made. I have loved this subject since forever, and I hope to be better every time.

I went down to see my father throwing a piece of cheese on my laughing brother. As much as I love them, I can't feel nothin but different.

"Miss, you are in the wrong place" my father looked at me in a serious glare.

If he is gonna say it-

"The model agency is 5 minutes down the street, not here" and he laughed like he didn't tell the same joke every day for years.

I smiled at his proud face, and my mom looked amused by the fact that he still thinks he makes someone laugh from his dad's jokes.

It feels so normal, and I love it. I love New York, I love my family and I love the routine.

"Honey, how did you slept?" My mom asked me.

"Good, actually " I said. I took a toast from the plate and started eating.

"That's awesome sweetheart. Can you drop Willie to his kindergarten on your way?" She asked.

I love Willie so much, ofc. I nodded and kissed my little brother.

"I'll leave now. Have a good day!" My father kissed mom and went to his work.

"This is my some. I'll go too then"

I grabbed my bag, took my brother and went out to my car. I got my driving license just a month ago, after about 8 tests.

No, really.

My brother looked at me with his big blue eyes. The eyes that are so different from mine. I put it in his seat and tickled him. He makes me laugh more than I make him.

We waved goodbye to mom and we drove to his kindergarten. He is so smart for his age. He is only 5 but can read now with almost no help.

"Thank you, Mey Mey!" I kissed him and drove to my work.

My phone rang. I have just a few phone numbers so I wonder what happened this early. I glanced at my phone. It was my boss, Mrs. Ashley. My work starts in half an hour, I have time, what could have happend.

"Hello?" I picked up the phone.

"Hi myeong, I have a special request for today. We have VIP client that is coming today, but I have lack of staff. Could you do her makeup, just for today?" She asked.

"Of course! When it is?" I replied. I've never done a full makeup look on someone, just the base or I was an assistant. I was excited.

"At 15.00. I checked your schedule, and you are free. Is that OK with you?"

"Its excellent! Thank you" I answered.

I went to grab a coffee from the bakery and some cookies.

The salon isn't small, but it have a family feeling. I went in and organized the table for the clients.