Chapter Two | Ice-Cream Walks

Pippa rolled over right into the floor with a thud! She had forgotten she slept on the sofa at Meredith's that night so she didn't disturb Sapphire especially after she had a few drinks with Meredith, Izzie and Cristina after she had put Sapphire ...

Pippa rolled over right into the floor with a thud! She had forgotten she slept on the sofa at Meredith's that night so she didn't disturb Sapphire especially after she had a few drinks with Meredith, Izzie and Cristina after she had put Sapphire to bed. She knew sapphire would be okay with her having half of the bed but still she didn't want to wake her sister.

"Owch" groaned Pip as she pushed herself into a sitting position only to realise she had hit her elbow a little  too hard so it broke the skin and was now bleeding.

"Are you okay?" Izzie asked seeing Pip on the floor.

"I'm fine, just forgot where I was and rolled off the sofa" Pippa laughed.

"Could I possibly have a hand checking my elbow though. And a few tissues" Pippa smiled, she wasn't hurting but she did feel stupid. Izzie immediately went to get some tissues to wipe up the blood from Pippa's elbow.

"Is Sapphire awake?" Pip asked Izzie as she cleaned her own elbow, Izzie handing Pip the tissues.

"I stuck my head in before I came down, she was still asleep but that was at 6" Izzie said to Pip who nodded, it was almost 7 now so Sapphire would probably be getting up soon but she wasn't at school for the day seeing as it was a inset day and it was Friday so technically it was like a three day weekend for the younger sister, Pip had to work on the Saturday but she had the Sunday off and that's when she was going back to the house to talk to Carter.

"She often gets up at 7 on weekends or inset days so she'll probably be awake soon." Pip mentioned as Izzie helped her with the band-aid.

"Do you want a coffee?" Izzie asked once she had finished helping Pip out.

"Please, milk 3 sugars" Pip answered finally stretching her which she wasn't able to do so before she stretched. Izzie smiled and headed into the kitchen to make the two of them a coffee.

Upstairs Sapphire had sat in Meredith's spare room. She didn't want to leave because she knew that if she did then Pip would probably have to tell her that they are returning to their home and Carter was going to be their. She didn't want to go home, not if Carter was there.

"Meredith?" Sapphire said hearing the final pair of footsteps head down stair. She knew Izzie had gone down already; she heard her voice downstairs talking to Pip and there was none else living in the house so it had to be Meredith. The door opened and Meredith stepped in, she wasn't sure if she heard Sapphire call her name or that she was just hearing things.

"Sapphire, did you call me?" Meredith asked as she saw the child sat cross legged on the bed.

"Yeah. I didn't want to leave incase Pip tells me I have to go home, that I have to see Carter" sapphire said, this caused Meredith to walk over to her and sit on the bed beside her.

"You know your sister would never make you do anything you didn't want to do. She didn't want you knowing that she was going to take to Carter while your at dance on Sunday. I'm picking you up after." Meredith began to talk to Sapphire, she knew Pip would find the conversation hard to have with her sister.