TWENTY-ONE

"she seemed a little disoriented

"she seemed a little disoriented." akaashi whispered to bokuto as he finished the last outline to the second act of his story. the older man picked his head up from his pillow to tilt his head as if to ask his best friend to further explain.

the boy noticed and sighed then put his pen down. "she got upset randomly, so i comforted her, and then she kind of went from there. like, i liked it for obvious reasons, but i don't want to take advantage of the fact that she vulnerable from that relationship you told me she was in." the blue eyed man explained.

bokuto hummed and nodded his head in agreement. akaashi continued to stare at his outline before looking up at his best friend awaiting for any vocal reaction. "what do you think?" he asked and bokuto raised a brow to make his thinking face.

"i don't necessarily know how messy the break up was, or what exactly caused it. you know? they were together for a really long time, and i don't mean to talk about her relationship or her well-being, but i don't really remember a time where y/n was happy whenever they were out with us." bokuto finally said.

akaashi perked his head up a little at the fact bokuto had just revealed. the best friend didn't know whether he should say more or not since it wasn't any of his business. but he was talking to his literal friend so it wasn't that hard of an internal battle to keep himself from talking.

"suna was always a little off. i think y/n told us that she met him at like...a pretty bad time. her family isn't all that nice at all and i guess that was a time when she was looking for anything...anyone to lean on. i'd say they were trauma bonded." he continued.

akaashi put his notes down and took his glasses off to ask questions of his own. in order to get to know a person, it's important to have questions and such. though it's a lot better to ask them directly, people can't help but ask from those who know them.

that's what akaashi was about to do. he knows that what people say shouldn't have an influence or impact on the decisions he takes with anything or anyone, he wanted to know about y/n to ensure he wouldn't do anything she didn't like.

"what do you mean suna was always off?" akaashi asked and bokuto's eyes widened a bit. he forgot that he wasn't supposed to say that. "uhm...fuck...keiji, you better not repeat this to anybody." bokuto dragged the last word to show the severity of it.

akaashi nodded his head and made an x over his chest. "ok, whenever she'd come around, from the very few times she did, it always turned awkward. like, she and suna would bicker and no matter how hard she tried to hide it, he always made it apparent. it was so weird because they wouldn't necessarily argue, it was more like he'd scold her." bokuto said and akaashi nodded his to show he was listening.

"and then i remember this one night that we had gone out to a party, y/n was talking it up with yukie. they were having fun and all and eventually they started dancing. i think they both drank that night and you know how yukie gets when she's drunk. she started dancing a little sensual so y/n followed. and oh em gee, when i tell you suna was pissed. came up and grabbed her and started scolding her so they left early. it was terrible because it looked like she was so used to it by the way that she just immediately disconnected."

for whatever reason, akaashi felt a sense of guilt knowing y/n's business. it gave him a million different ideas of what she might've lived and he didn't like that because it wasn't any of his business. but a little twisted part inside of him couldn't help but feel that it was good that he knew because now he'd be more weary of making her feel any type of way.

bokuto noticed that his friend was pondering, though he himself was not feeling any type of regret or sense of guilt. "you good?" he asked and akaashi nodded his head in a guilty manner.

"i feel like, i should've heard this from her." akaashi muttered and bokuto raised a brow. "why would you want to hear about her shitty ex from her? that would only bring up bad memories for her." his best friend responded and akaashi side eyed him. "in all honest truth, no one really wants to hear about a partner's past relationship because that was then and now it's you and them you know?" he continued.

the thinner man shook his head and rolled his eyes. "it's not like we're together or anything. i'm still getting to know her." akaashi said and bokuto groaned.

"you know what i meant." bokuto muttered and turned on his bed. akaashi rolled his eyes again, this time making it more dramatic than the last.

bokuto now felt some type of shame washing over him. y/n is his best bro's best friend, so not only did it feel like he threw y/n under the bus but atsumu as well.

but then again, akaashi is his best friend, and how was he supposed to keep that big mouth of his shut.

"i hope we kiss again. that was nice." akaashi sighed and then bokuto smiled again. "tell me more about that. i want to know everything you were feeling and thinking." bokuto said in the messiest tone a person could think of.

"well..."