CHAPTER THREE - Keefe, and Level Two

Your first day of Foxfire went well, you supposed, since you made it to orientation in time and didn't get detention. Other than that, it wasn't as bad as you had prepared for. You even sat at the lunch-table with Dex, Aaron, Witney, Vince, and Keefe, even though Keefe could have sat with anyone else, since apparently he was already popular. Since he was so gorgeous. I mean, annoying. Yep. Super annoying.

Anyway, most level ones didn't have to take classes for three special abilities, most didn't even have to take one, but of course it was different for you. Although it did mean Elven history was cut in half for you, to fit in time for all your special abilities lessons, so that was a plus. Only half-an-hour of boredom, boredom, and more boredom...

Keefe kept trying to convince you to ditch with him, and Aaron, Vince, and Witney were all totally on board. You refused, and so did Dex. You loved that kid. Silly little cinnamon roll.

Moving on, you were about a week into Foxfire now, and you weren't having as horrible a start as you thought you would. I mean, sure, you tripped over your own feet and knocked Dex over on your second day, and accidentally spilled food on Aaron on your third, and misspelled your own name on a paper on your fifth. But, other than that, it went pretty well.

You were currently in your room, wondering which star was closest to the 5,982nd black hole in our galaxy, and how to pronounce the name of it.

"Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...." you muttered, then it clicked. You wrote down the name of the star before you forgot it, and moved onto the next question.

Something made a loud crashing downstairs- you knew it couldn't be Bronte. He was so particular about stuff, and nothing ever broke, or fell.

"KEEFE YOU BETTER NOT HAVE BROKEN ANOTHER VASE-"

"NOPE! JUST A TEACUP. REMIND ME WHY BRONTE HAS SO MANY," Keefe's voice echoed through the halls.

"BECAUSE HE CAN, THAT'S WHY."

"WHATEVER," Keefe's voice was closer now, and your door slammed open as he walked in, carrying what was left of the teacup.

"Shit," you muttered, snatching it from him. "This was one of his favorites. Bronte's gonna murder you,"
"Nah, I'm too slippery. He'll never catch me," Keefe said, jumping onto my bed and messing up the sheets.

"Get off, you're stinky,"

"No,"

You threw a pencil at him.

"Ouchie,"

"Good,"

Keefe sighed. "I thought you loved me,"

You threw another pencil at him.

"Mean," he muttered, rolling over on your bed.

"Why does it smell like brownies?" he asked, pointing to your pillow.

"Because that's where I eat my brownies, duh,"

"Why?"

"Can you shut up,"

Keefe shook his head, offering you half a smile. You sighed.

"So, why did you come over? I'm not used to house-calls from Lord Hunkyhair,"

"Aw, told ya it would catch on," he grinned fully this time. "And I was bored, and who really wants to have quality time with my dear father, anyway?" you nodded, understanding. You'd known about Keefe's shitty family for a while, and felt sorry for him, if you were honest.

Moving on, you still needed to finish your homework. You had a photographic memory, so why was it still so hard to remember stuff?!

Whatever, you moved on to actually finishing your work- stop procrastinating, Y/n. You too, author.

Keefe got up, walking across the room and leaning over your shoulder. You stiffened, but didn't do anything other than that, trying to ignore him. (Which is near impossible, by the way.)

"It's that one," Keefe pointed to a shiny, silver star on your paper, and you sighed. Of course he knew. Why couldn't you?

"Thanks," you mumbled, writing it down.

For the next few minutes, Keefe helped you locate stars, pretty much effortlessly. Surprising, though, that he helped you- he doesn't even do his own homework until the day it's due.

"Y/N?" you hear someone call. It wasn't Bronte.

"Another one!?" you muttered, getting up. "WHO IS IT NOW?" you shouted, and Aaron came running into your room.

"Hello Keefe," he said quickly, then grinned at you. "You're not gonna believe it," he said.

"Not gonna believe what?"

"Your teachers thought you were so smart, they moved you up a grade-level- you're in level two now, Y/n!"

"What," you blinked, processing.

"Yep!" Aaron nodded, "I may or may not have overheard Dame Alina and one of your teachers talking about it the other day, and I forgot to tell you until now, soooo surprise!"

You were still trying to process, give yourself a minute.

"Are you sure it's not a misunderstanding?" you asked, "They could have been talking about someone else,"

"Nope, I heard Y/n L/n, loud and clear,"

"Okay..." you tried to think of some other excuse, but you couldn't. "So... I'm moving up a level? Huh,"

"Yep, that's what I just said," Aaron confirmed, and Keefe grinned.

"OOh! New goal- I'm getting to level two early so I can be cool like Y/n," he said, and you rolled your eyes and sighed.

"Whatever, Keefe,"

"Not whatever, I'm totally doing it. It's gonna be so fun- we'll be the coolest kids ever,"

"Alright," you said, not really paying much attention. You weren't sure how you felt about being moved up a level- were you happy? A bit. Were you scared? A lot. I mean, you were having trouble with your level one homework, how would you survive it for level two?! But then again, Keefe said his new goal would be to move up with you, so maybe... Ugh, you couldn't rely on Keefe for help with all your homework, that would be rude.

"Aw, look at Y/n's cute lil thinking face, it's all scrunched up," Keefe's words shook you out of your thoughts.

"Not cute," you countered.

"Whatever you say, he shrugged, hoping back onto your bed again. Aaron hopped on after him.

"Why does your pillow smell like brownies, Y/n,"

"Cuz that's where I eat my br- never mind,"

__________

HELLO, so I've been a bit busy lately, and i may or may not have been procrastinating, but whatever. Anyway, I'm going to finish Heathens soon, maybe write one or two more chapters, and then I might start a new book in it's place, since writing one book at a time is most definitely not enough.

Sooo, it's gonna be a Camp Cretaceous fantasy au book, probably a Ben Pincus one, also Y/n is going to have anger issues, and that's all I'm revealing. Also, I will advertise Camp Cretaceous anywhere. Go watch it rn. Please. Thanky. Anyway, I'm done ranting now, goodbye, ty for reading <3