Chapter 7

+Extra long chapter :)

Lauren P.O.V:

I turn on the ignition before rolling down the windows of my Jeep to let in some of the Miami summer early morning air. Humming along to the familiar tune on the radio as I pull out of my drive way, I pass the familiar beachfront homes I've lived by my whole life. Pushing my sunglasses up I turn up the volume up as I hear Every Teardrop Is Like a Waterfall by Coldplay and sing along at the top of my lungs. 

"As we saw oh this light I swear you'll, emerge blinking into to tell me it's alright, as we soar walls every siren is a symphony, and every tear's a waterfall" I sing along already feeling my voice getting hoarse midway through the lyrics, I've got a new found sense of energy today and I'm loving it. I hold onto my suitcase as I make various turns in till I reach the hospital parking lot, easily sliding into a space before jumping out and slamming the door, suitcase in tow. 

"Hello Lauren Jauregui, Ron Knopes from the Miami Daily News, any updates on Normani Kordei you are willing to share with us" says the same reporter above the other voices of the press as they start to approach me and follow me closer to the hospital's entrance.

'They're not worth it Lauren just keep walking' I think to myself as I walk past the last crowd of press, ignoring their cameras, bright flashes, and droning questions. I take a huge sigh in relief and unclench my hands as I walk through the automated glass doors, escaping their grasp. 

"They are still out there, aren't they" Claire who regularly works at front desk asks with a grimace instantly empathizing with me.

"Oh you know it, you'd think the secret to endless youth was in here by how they stay out there 24/7, it's crazy" I huff while looking back at the entrance and seeing all the press that have set up a semi-permanent camp in front of the hospital.

"They need a good story and the whole Nation adores Normani, got to give the people what they want I guess. As long as they do not take even a single step into this hospital they can do what they please. You can go ahead and head up sweetie, take this clipboard with you while you're at it" she with a shrug before handing me a clipboard with forms I assume are for Normani's parents. 

"Sure" I reply before taking it from her and tucking it under my arm while rolling my small suitcase towards the elevators. I first go to Normani's room and say hi to her parents and check on her who's doing even better than yesterday which perks me up little more. Closing the door quietly behind me I walk towards the cafeteria, buying a jello cup with the cash Normani's Mom gave me and taking a seat at on of the tables. 

"Early riser yourself too" a sliver-haired man asks as he sits down slightly across from me at the table and I recognize him from the first day Normani was admitted as we were walking to see her in her assigned room. 

"Actually no, but I've got a reason to be up now so currently yes" I say with a small smile, the man seemed very friendly and had the whitest hair I had ever seen. 

"Ahhh yes you are friends with Normani Kordei, sorry to hear about that hope she is recovering well" he says with a sincere look and I nod my head in acceptance.

"Yeah we've been best friends for what feels like forever and she's doing better everyday, the doctors are really impressed to see how well she's doing so far" I answer back. 

"Well it's been nice chatting with you but I've got some healing up to do" the man says while signaling to his hospital gown and I laugh along with him. "My name is Wyatt by the way" he says while placing out his hand.