Sonic Underground Reunites

A week has passed since Dimentio has been destroyed, and the remaining Doppleclones have escaped. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver were together at the Freedom Fighters' base. Sonic was thinking about some stuff. Mainly on how Mephiles was gonna be stopped the next time the Freedom Fighters face him.

"Sonic? You feeling alright?" Shadow asked.

"Huh? Yeah. I think so. I've just been thinking." Sonic replied.

"About what?" Silver asked.

"Mephiles. Now that he's back, the fate of the universe is in danger again." Sonic replied. "I don't even know how we can stop him this time."

"We've stopped him before Sonic, we can do it again." Shadow said.

"I don't know. Solaris told me when Mephiles had gained some of his powers, he always finds a way to come back to life. Even when he's recovering inside his emerald." Silver said.

"Well, we know that pure chaos energy is what can damage his vengestone armor." Shadow said.

"Yeah, that is true. But now he'll probably be getting the strongest gear possible before he'll fight us again." Sonic said. "It's both Elise's and my fault that Mephiles is still out there."

"We just need to figure out how we can stop him. Maybe your parents know something about Mephiles that we don't." Shadow said.

"Alright. I guess... Let's head to Mobotropolis." Sonic said.

Sonic, Shadow, and Silver went off to Mobotropolis. The last time they went to Sonic's old home kingdom, it was for Sonia and Manic to return home, and Sonic and Shadow handed back their medallions after Silver's funeral.

"I can't believe we're coming back here." Sonic said. "We disbanded Sonic Underground because Silver had died."

"We have to let your parents know about Mephiles' return, Sonic." Shadow said.

"And they probably know that their crown jewels have been taken again. Remember those gems are two of the Apocalypse Crystals?" Silver said.

"Oh, yeah." Sonic realized.

(Over in Mobotropolis...)

Aleena and Charles had replaced their crown jewels, from after Dimentio had stolen them for Mephiles' power yet again. Swat-bots approached the king and queen to let them know about their oldest son's return.

"Your majesties. Your son is here. Alongside Shadow Robotnik and Silver Smith." One of them said.

"What?" Aleena said, surprised.

"Let them in at once!" Charles ordered. "Let them know we'll be right there."

"Very well." The swat-bots went off to let Sonic and the others in.

Aleena and Charles went to their thrones to wait for their son and his allies to come in. Sonic, Shadow, and Silver were escorted. The hedgehogs bowed to the king and queen.

"Mom. Dad." Sonic looked up at his parents.

"It's good to see you again, Sonic." Aleena got up, and hugged her son.

"You too, mom." Sonic hugged back. "But there's a major reason to why Shadow, Silver, and I came back here."

"We know it has to be some sort of disaster." Charles said. "Tell us."

"Well... About a month after my funeral, Solaris came to Sonic and Shadow to thank them for setting him free." Silver explained.

"Huh. That is strange." Aleena was confused.