Chapter One

"It should be a crime to have a country this hot!" A girl whined as she trudged down the streets

"It should be a crime to have a country this hot!" A girl whined as she trudged down the streets. The desert wind danced around as it swirled around the hooded girl. She wore a brown cloak that covered her body and most of her face. Her pale hair spilled out of the cloak as her ocean eyes glowed under the shadows. She had a mischievous smile on her face as if she was planning on something big.

She had a mysterious aura that surrounded her, like she was a powerful being. It was peculiar, the way she carried herself, you would think that she was a Warlord.

"Azu, you are being dramatic." The boy next to her chuckled as he slung an arm around her shoulder. He wore only a pair of black shorts and a weird cowboy hat. Freckles dotted his face as his sword swung from side to side.

Azura. A girl filled with mystery. No one knows her true name, not even her closest friends other than a selective few, of course... All they knew was that she was a force to reckon with. She was under the protection of the Whitebeard Pirates, too.

The boy next to her was Fire Fist Ace, the Second Division Commander of the Whitebeard Pirates. He was a strong ally. Though, no one really knows why they are journeying together.

"Any news on where your brother might be? You practically dragged me to come and meet him. And not to mention, you have a shrine of his photos back on deck." Azura grumbled as she tugged at her hood.

"And I am proud of that fact, Zura." Ace replied, defensively.

"I bet you are, Acey-san" Azura responded, patting him on the cheek. Ace swatted her hand away as she giggled.

"The old lady I was talking to advised me to go look over at the restaurant over there." Ace said, pointing to the restaurant a couple feet away from them. "Apparently, the owner knows a lot of people."

"Oh, hell yeah. I'm hungry." Azura yelped.

"You are always hungry. That's not really a surprise." Ace reminded her, snickered as she glared at him.

"Like you're one to talk. We had to take turns guarding the kitchen because you kept stealing from it. Marco-san was so close to killing you." Azura shot back.

"I thought we promised not to talk about that!" Ace protested.

"Whatever. Let's go over to the restaurant and find your kid brother already." Azura said, already starting to drag Ace in that direction.

"He's a year older than you, you know!"

***

"God, this is embarrassing." Azura muttered under her breath as she tried to distance herself from Ace. She took a sip out of her straw, the sweet taste of apple juice filling her body.

Her cloak was unbuttoned, and her hood was off, revealing a light green dress and her pale face. Her katanas rested at her hip as her boots clacked against the bar stool.