★ a date in disguise ★

It's been a couple weeks now and the two boys have been growing extra fond of each other over time, they just don't have the courage to tell one another that they love each other.

That morning, when Gon saw his best friend and sister walk through the school gates, immediately a spark burst inside of him. He was so thrilled that he couldn't keep his feeling hidden anymore. He was confident that even if he does confess his love to Killua even if he gets rejected they will still be friends....but Gon being stubborn as he is, can't help but wanting to feel like more.

"Morning Killua!" He chirped.

"You seem very enthusiastic, what's going on?" Killua teased.

Gon rolled his eyes playfully.

"Tonight can we go somewhere?" Gon asked.

"I'm sorry I can't, I need to help Alluka with her homework" Killua said.

Gon frowned. He was not having it.

"But it's really important!" He moaned.

"What could be so important?"

"If I tell you it wouldn't be a surprise would it?" Gon winked making Killua blush.

"Can I have a clue at least?" Killua said, annoyed.

Gon pulled out a piece of paper and put it in Killua's hand.

"Meet me at the big park, you know where?" Gon smirked, Killua nodded quickly whilst blushing.

"What time?" Killua managed to get out.

Gon turned around and thought for a moment. "6:00 pm!" He waved goodbye to the Zoldyck siblings, leaving the white haired boy utterly stunned.

"EEEK BIG BROTHER YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS?!" Alluka suddenly screeched.

"N-no"

"Gon was acting so confident back there, I think...he might....BE TAKING YOU ON A DATE!"

Killua blushes hard.

"A-Alluka let's not jump to conclusions alright? He probably doesn't even like me that way...." Killua held his head down.

Alluka frowned. "I don't believe it, I've been monitoring you guys' actions! You're so in love!" She squealed.

Killua sighed "alright enough, let's just get in already".

                                 ~

It was now the end of the day and Killua was getting ready for his outing with Gon. Alluka kept calling it a date but Killua kept denying it.

Killua was wearing a light green flannel shirt with dark blue jeans and purple shoes.

Alluka stared at her brother in awe.

"You look amazing!" She squealed

"Thanks" Killua said.

Alluka jumped off her brother's bed and went to get his bag.

"I packed everything for you!" She chirped , handing the bag to Killua.

"You really didn't have to do all this....it's not even a-"

"Not. Another. Word" Alluka said, strictly.

Killua sighed "whatever you wanna call it"

"Well i thought since you always look after me! It's my turn to do something for you" Alluka smiled.

Killua smiled back. "Are you gonna be fine on your own?" He said, worriedly.

Alluka nods, "don't answer the door unless it's you, keep an eye out for windows etc and if anything happens or if I feel unsafe I will call you" she went over the rules and Killua nodded and kissed her on the forehead.

"I will be an hour max" Killua said as he stepped out the door, leaving Alluka by herself in a very long time.

                                ~

Killua was walking down to the big park in the centre of town. He was feeling extremely nervous like something was about to happen, maybe what Alluka said was right, this really was a date!

He saw Gon swinging on the swings , but when Gon felt another presence with him, he saw Killua and softly smiled.

"Hey" Killua said as he walked up to him.

"Hi" Gon said, shyly.

"Do you wanna go for a walk?" Gon asked and Killua nodded.

As soon as they started walking into some forest area, Gon grabbed Killua's hand and interlocked their fingers together. Killua blushes but looked at the time on his phone '6:23 pm' he bit his lip, he really doesn't like leaving Alluka alone.

"You ok? You seem nervous" Gon spoke.

"It's just....I never left Alluka by herself before so-"

Gon stopped walking and turned to Killua.

"I'm sure she will be fine" he said.

Gon took a deep breath, "Killua there's actually something I need to tell you"

Killua stiffened "ok..."

"This might sound, weird or crazy, selfish. But when I was adventuring with Ging it never felt ten times as fun when I was travelling with you.....I realised that then I started to miss you more, I felt like another piece was missing, and it felt weird not having someone by my side all the time, you know?" Gon looked at Killua who was blushing like crazy.

"Uh huh.." Killua nodded.

"I regret leaving you that day, I know you finally had a goal in mind but suddenly I wanted to..."

Killua suddenly pulled Gon into a kiss. And Gon kissed back.

After a minute or so they pulled away.

"Umm-I'm sorry I-" Killua stuttered but Gon laughed.

"It's okay Killua, I just got my answer"

Gon pulled Killua in by his waist and kissed him again.

"I love you..." he said in such a quiet gentle voice.

Killua gave him a peck on the lips. "I...love you too..." he muttered but Gon heard and smiled. 

"Come on, Alluka must be waiting for you" Gon grabbed Killua's hand.

"Gon....stay the night?"

"Sure!"

A/N: the book is finally finished! I know it's a short story but that was my aim to begin with.

I hope you all enjoyed this little confession book 🫶🏻