Chapter 3

King Sky paced back and forth within the throne room. His wife, Queen Aleesa, sat on her throne with tears streaking her face. Their assassin was watching from a distance, hiding in the shadows. His emerald green eyes fairly glowed with the light reflecting off of them. He twitched at a voice calling and a guard running into the room.

"My liege," He shouted running to the king. The assassin was at Sky's side in an instant, sensing the danger, "News from The Great Forrest." His red eye shone dully in the torch light.

"Do tell." Sky replied to the guard, not changing his expression.

"Generals Jerome and Mitch require assistance at the border immediately," He stood from his kneel and looked back up at the King, "There has been activity at the edge of the woods... they spoke of glowing eyes and an electronic cough."

"Dang it," Sky whispered, Aleesa rose and took his hand, "What colour was the glow?" The guard thought for a moment, his neon green headphone glowing slightly.

"It was neon blue. And the cough was female, even though it was electronic." The assassin stepped forward and nodded to the guard.

"Thank you Lieutenant Ty," Sky spoke in his serious tone, "I will send three hundred of my finest troops back with you. Sub," He turned to the assassin, "Go before them and locate the glowing eyes." The mute bowed and replaced the mask over his mouth and nose. Then he rose and ran out the gates, and began his search.