Parents

The parents carried their babies,in their arms,walking towards the parks and home..

A couple passed them,young barely teen,holding hands..

They watched the father buying ice cream for the child,and the mother looking at the ice cream vendor with some longing..

Was she feeling like eating it,asked the young teen..

No,the young girl replied..

She was recalling her childhood as she watched the man she loves buy ice cream for their child..

Their was actually no greed for ice cream,even though it seemed so..

Actually what she was craving for was her father,standing in the same place,buying her an ice cream..

And there was a beautiful contradiction in her,as she felt little less important in the man's life..

As she saw the reflection of her father in him,she wished he would see her as a child too..

The youth smiled at that and walked back towards the same Ice cream stall..

He bought four ice creams..

One for his child,his lover,one for himself for he knew she would not like it otherwise..

Then two for the couple with child..

For they were children too..

Even though the young couple seemed young..

And they bis them goodbye,leaving with the memories of smiling faces of the trio..