Chapter 2 Introduction To The Wieners Family

Asher POV
A young woman walks towards me and the adults and smiles softly once I meet my gaze.

"Shalom," she says, sheepishly with a small smile tugging at the corners of her lips.

"Your Asher? Current?" She asks while tucking a strand of wavy hair behind her ear.

I just nod timidly and smile fakely, replying with "Yes, that's me."

"Well, it's really nice to meet you, Asher," She says enthusiastically, too enthusiastically, in my opinion. "Or should I say Ah-hair?" she giggles happily while covering her hand over her mouth shyly.

Great, we got a fangirl, just what I needed. Where did Imma va'h Abba pick this one up? The mall?

"Asher!" My Abba Jody says with a small smirk while patting my back firmly, quickly pulling me out of my thoughts.

Typical, I thought, finally. I couldn't help but roll my eyes in slight annoyance and sigh softly to myself.

"Sure, you can call me whatever you'd like," I say with a smile, trying not to appear like I was disinterested. "So... do you have any preferences when it comes to name calling and such?" I ask curiosity, continuing our conversation in any shape, way, or form that I can.

Gretchen nervously moves her hand slowly down her blouse. "Um..." she says softly. "I like to be called my English name, and also my Hebrew name, either or is perfectly fine with me," she says with a soft smile.

I nod my head in politeness because the last thing that I want to seem uninterested is that I put yet another fake smirk to add to the already awkward situation. Well, awkward for me, at least.

"You could even call me cute pet names once we get a little bit more comfortable around each other, you know, with this whole "arranged" marriage thing and all" she says with a soft laugh while rolling her eyes momentarily, which I presume it's out of playfulness?...

Hold up? What I did she just say?" I thought while widening my eyeballs slightly.

TO BE CONTINUED...