Chapter 3 Unexpectedly Embraced

Asher POV
I couldn't help but stare back at her with complete and utter horror. Arranged? ARRANGED?! Nobody told me about this!

Gretchen gently presses her fingertips against mine, trying to indicate that she wants to intertwine our hands. I return the innocent gesture by holding her hand loosely within mine.

Caroline's going to kill me if she ever found out about this. Wait, no, it'll crush her into a million tiny pieces.

Gretchen looks up at me with the most endearing gaze, and her smile gets just a tad bit bigger. "You're even more handsome than my Mishpacha described you, and those eyes..." she trails off for a moment or so before continuing. "I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful eyes before in my life."

Damn, is this girl trying to butter me up right now? Really? In front of our parents?

I casually play along with the act by responding back, "You're pretty cool yourself."

Gretchen uses this opportunity to move her free hand to wrap it around my back and gently resting her head against my chest.

"Toda," she says, muffled within my chest before sighing deeply.

Gretchen POV
He smells like heaven right now that I'm so close to him. Usually, I tend to get close to people after a couple of months of getting to know them, but with Asher, something deep within me says that he's a trustworthy person and that I can trust him with my heart. Besides, he and I are going to get married in 5 months. What could possibly go wrong?...

TO BE CONTINUED...