VIII

LAST YEAR, IN THE VAMPIRE REALM

"Are you sure that you wanna do this, Won?" Heeseung carefully asks, watching his young friend's every move.

Jungwon gulps, looking at the spell book in front of him before nodding to his hyung. "I'm ready."

Niki was in disbelief at what he was witnessing. "You know, if you do this, we're never going to see each other again. Right?"

Jungwon chuckles and pats his maknae on the back. "If fate bids so, I'll see you in the next life."

"Jungwon," Sunoo sighs out his friend's name. It was as if he was reiterating it in his mind so that he'd never forget it.

Sunghoon laughs to try to lighten up the mood. "You're so fucked up in the head, Jungwon. I cant believe you're leaving us for a Human girl." Jungwon simply grins at his remark, dapping him up.

"Good luck, man," Jake tries his best to smile. "If only your soulmate wasn't a Human."

Jay pulls him into a tight embrace. Jungwon slowly blinks, attempting to keep the tears from falling out before returning the hug. Jay shakily sighs into his ear, "I'm going to miss you, bro. We all will."

One by one, the boys join the group hug. Now, everyone was crying. Their shaky breaths could be heard as they made sure their embrace on the second youngest boy was as tight as they could.

Jungwon lets go, sniffling. "Let's not waste time. Minutes in the Vampire realm is equivalent to days in the Human realm."

"Right," they all simultaneously exhale out. The six boys now stand in line in front of the boy, waving tearfully.

After thousands of years of tight friendship together, one of them was permanently leaving to go into the Human realm.

What's even more painful is that Jungwon was denouncing his Vampire state. He would lose all his powers and become mortal, like his lover.

This was a big sacrifice, but it was the only way he'd ever reach his lover now that the Human realm and Vampire realm disconnected from each other.

"It was 2022 when we were all last there," Jay points out. "I wonder what year it is now."

Heeseung clicks his tongue, "Even if you don't find her, try your best to live for as long as you can. Human lifetimes are more meaningful than a typical Vampire's because they're shorter, after all."

"As long as you promise to watch over my parents and my kingdom," Jungwon sniffles and Heeseung mouths an 'of course.' "You guys were like my brothers, I hate being corny, but I seriously love you all. Even as I'm gone and as you all continue to live for thousands of more years, please don't ever forget that you were once 7."

"What a way to make us even more emotional," Sunghoon playfully frowns.

Jake throws an arm around Sunghoon and nostalgically looks at Jungwon. "You grew up too fast," he grins.