Chapter 6: Widows of Sorrow

Kami ignites a white spear from her body and lashes at me, and we begin a ferocious sword fight. As we begin to trek through rooms, Kami throws white chakra spears at me. As we work our way up the next floors, we land on a landing platform and into the main entry halfway.

Kami kicks me, sending me to the lower level.

Seeing the white chakra corrupt the building around us, explosions of white light explode around us as we work our way in the control room. It builds up speed as I flip over her and she attempts to slice at my ankles to which I deflect with Susanoo powered Scythe.

As she begins to overpower me, I go on the defensive as I jump up on the table in the center of the room.

"Y'know the world that Lord Kaushiki has planned is beautiful. Just hand over your son and see what world he creates," Kami begins to monologue.

My eyes narrow at the mention of my son.

"I've seen it before. Lowly people follow a power much greater than themselves," I respond, "it's pathetic."

Her eyes narrow with hate as she forces me back into the Conference Room where the quarters are much closer. Sparks fly everywhere at the crumbling building.

Jumping onto the conference table, Kami slices her white chakra spear through the air. Ducking down, I slide across the table, knocking Kami to the ground.

My Sharingan spikes as I look around my surroundings to see that she sliced completely through the walls causing the floors above us to collapse. As Kami falls over, I grab her hand with my susanoo glove and watch as the white chakra begins to burn through my susanoo's defense. Letting go in gasp, I create space between us as the remaining skyscraper begins to slide off the remaining floors.

The weakening structure causes us to both lose our bearings and weapons. Falling to the ground, we look to one another and then to our weapons sliding off the newly opened skyscraper. As rain begins to flood in, we sprint to our respective weapons.

Sliding down the slanted floor, the battle intensifies.

"The flaw of power is arrogance," I curse at her.

"You hesitate," Kami smiles, "the flaw of compassion." she curses back.

Lunging at each other, our weapons lock in a test of strength as we push against each other. I look at my Byakugo tattoos as they try to push back against the infection of the impending white chakra that stretches across Kami's skin to my own.

In a burst of defensive chakra, we are both bladsted backwards onto control panels.

As the skyscraper shakes in an earthquake-like manner, we regain our footing and the battle continues.

Kami then kicks me away as we battle around the room and eventually the door to the exterior is knocked open. We continue battling out onto the balcony.

Forcing me down a narrow balcony outside the control room, Kami rips white chakra from the corroding walls and throws them at me, pushing me further along the walkway.

The balcony comes to an end and I realize I have nowhere to create a strategic distance away from her white chakra poison. Looking over the balcony, I see a battleground thirty stories beneath us and Lord Seventh, Himawari, and my father engaging cultists on the ground.

In my moment of weakness, Kami cuts a piece of the balcony railing off, along with a control panel. Alarms begin to sound throughout the city and citizens of the Hidden Rain flood from the buildings and towards the border of the city. The city's security measures kick in and protective chakra shields around the superstructure break down as the skyscraper begins to tip over and collapse onto the streets below. The top layers tumble into a white chakra molten abyss, disappearing in a puff of smoke. A small pipe connects the Control Center to the Main Collection Plant Skyscraper neighboring the skyscraper we fought on.