01~The Tryouts

"The future is in our hands, and we will never be the same again"-Bastille

-Bastille

They say a little progress each day can add up to a bigger result. I guess that's what I have been trying to do over the course of the last two years. Smile, surf, paint... heal. I'm not one to dwell on the negative and send myself into self destructive spiral , I'm just a little sad and cautious. Not hopeless.

My mom and I weren't best friends, she was my mom. But she taught me to surf, and to paint, and to live life freely. She was my MOM. She just never taught me how to live without her, and since she died I feel like I'm always missing something.

My dads a total jerk, multi millionaire business man who travels more then he is home. When my mom got sick he started working more, I guess he thought the more time he spent away the less it would hurt when she passed. Now I feel like he just can't stand to look at me because I look like her. So he sent me away to boarding school in Hawaii. At least he gave me that.

If he couldn't provide me a home where I could thrive he could pay for me to be in a place where I could thrive.

When I wasn't in school I was in the water, when I wasn't in the water I would be in the art studio. I filled my schedule to the fullest so I never had down time to miss her, so I never had to feel the absence of her in my life. I never allowed myself to feel the abandonment of my father.

I never let myself make friends at school, my real friends where home in shore-haven Australia. Well most of them at least.

Summer Torres is the spunkiest girl I have ever met in my life and currently lives in New York.
Her, I, and Ari our childhood best friend grew up together when we were younger. Our moms where all friends growing up and thus we three too we're best friends as children. At some point her mom Margot had ran from Australia to America for work, or maybe to just escape her life she had built. Up until last summer that is, when Margot got the chance of a lifetime to photograph a war zone in the middle east, she sent Summer to us where we had a summer to remember, all of us together.

She and I had been close since, she just understood what I felt on a deeper level then the rest of our friends. Being neglected by a parent.

We texted everyday.

Ari, the lamest older brother a girl could have. You can even ask his actual sister Honey who is about ten times cooler then he is. He honestly has one of the kindest hearts. He is just also doesn't think through everything he does before he does it. Which can get him in some trouble.

Then there's Bodhi, who asks me every day if I know how special I am, which I don't, but the fact that she says it sure makes me feel good. She is a total sweet heart and deserves anything and everything life brings to her.

Marlon who is a protector to a fault. Kid will go to bat for anyone he cares about, a bit selfish, but has a huge heart.He defenetly is not given enough credit ever.