Confession 1 : It's Not Your Mistake

"Accuse yourself for not maintaining your composure, but don't feel bad about your errors. Making mistakes, recognising them, and speaking up about the consequences takes immense courage".

Chapter 1 : Trip to Kerala

It was wedding season, and we were travelling to Kerala to attend my cousin's wedding. We were all anticipating our reunion for this event after three years. Family reunions are enjoyable, and attending a wedding makes them even more exciting. Me, my brother, and my closest buddy travelled to Kerala with my parents, my father, my uncle, and my aunt. We are glad that this marriage is based on love rather than an arranged union. Prior to the repair for this wedding, we were constantly on guard. It's good news that everything was handled peacefully without any panic, violence, or running about.

Every time I travelled, I yearned for pleasant company, I was lucky most of the time. Everyone boarded the train and occupied their assigned seats. My brother and I were still on the station, purchasing food and other items. We witnessed a girl stumble and fall, and as she did, all the men around ran to her aid. She was safe by the fall but men surprised her. My brother requested passengers to move aside so we could board the train while giggling at the predicament. Even the girl was able to board the train because my brother's presence of mind. I waited for the train to start moving so I could board it with a stunt entrance. I did it as a hoax to control my excitement, but my brother still locked the door as a joke. The stunt was to catch the train from different compartment. Yes ultimately the joke was on me.

Chapter 2 : Lucky me

Even if my spectacular entrance was a failure, I still left an impression. My brother anticipated getting even. I was moving through the aisle. Even the folks who don't know me were making fun of me and acting as if I cared. Actually, I did care because the girl who was in the peculiar predicament was in the crowd watching the trick. While everyone else was already seated and enjoying their comfort, I hunted for my seat while grinning awkwardly.

I discovered the girl was occupying my seat. She grinned when I asked for a seat and said I should have a window seat. I retorted that I didn't want to spit on random people. She offered me my window seat without saying a word; having a window seat is a luxury. I would go to war for it; pardon my political language. She was making assumptions about my behaviour, but I did care, no doubt about it. I was aware of the circumstances. The girl turned on her headphones, plainly pushing the rest of the world out of her body language. Although ignorance was bliss, she was relishing it while I was pale.

Deep within me there was conflict going on between my ego and my empathy. Although the girl was feeling uneasy, I knew that nobody else cared her or my battle. I offered her biscuits, which she flatly declined, but I persisted in trying to change her mind because I wanted to win my internal conflict My brother and my best friend were passing comments about my struggle to strike a conversation with the girl, I could see she was enjoying it . I was once again pushed to the edge of the cosmos. I started chatting to myself about my own conflicts while remaining silent. She thought that it was odd, and now she thinks I'm crazy.

She suddenly giggled and then burst out laughing. I began to suspect that she was insane. Even my family was oddly surprised that I was making the girl laugh. They say that assumptions can make or destroy a nation, but I trusted in luck, which has nothing to do with a nation. She took off her headset and introduced herself, remaining smiling as she spoke to me. I was still pale and shocked, but she kept chatting and I was enjoying the conversation; as usual, I felt lucky and others around me jealous.

Chapter 3 : Sad Company.

I was glued to the seat listening to her, I know I was sleeping with my eyes open, she snoozed me with her giggles and I woke up to accompany her with same intensity of giggle. Now I know the trick to listening to people while sleeping, but I didn't miss a word she said; you already know I have superpowers. But I'm not sure why I started becoming involved in her personal matters. The discussions became more in-depth.