17

A/n; (POV; you're confused while reading this chapter but you're doing it anyways because you want to figure out wth is going on)

GIOVANNI

“I was raped” she said in a monotone voice. That explained so much. Why she didn’t like being touched by men. Why she pushed me off the first time I tried to finger her. Why she cried the time I actually did. Someone violated her and she was only a child. My heart constricted at the look on her face. She looked as if she had just told us tomorrow’s weather forecast.

What did they do to you mi amore?

I wish I could take the pain of her shoulder blades and try to store it inside of me. She entrusted me with the key to her heart and here I was, lying to her because of my father.

“Wow. I can’t believe you expected us to fall for that lie. If you were really Regina della morte like you say you are then you would have killed the man who tried to lay his hands on you” Lucia said while standing by my side.

“Get out” my mother said. Everyone in the house was in agreement with her stand. “Amara maybe you should calm down” my father tried to intervene but was cut off by my mother. “No I will not. The skank should leave this house with immediate effect and anyone else who is on her side can fucking join her.” she said with a stern look on her face. Damn she must be angry because anyone who knows my mother knows that she does not cuss, no matter how pissed off she is.

“Gio?” Lucia said while looking at me pleadingly. Now all eyes were on me. I sighed then said “Leave Lucia. I’ll join you later”

I looked at my father and he looked somewhat proud of my decision to still stay with Lucia despite the fact that everyone in this house hated her. This was so fucked up on many levels.

“I’ll come by tomorrow to help you find Si. Goodnight.” I said to them all before heading out.

“You’re a dick” Alonzo said to me as I left. I deserved that. I had just reached the door when I heard foot steps behind me which made me stop. Upon looking I saw that it was my mother.

" I never thought I raised a coward” she shook her head solemnly. “I don’t know what plan you’re brewing in that fat head of yours” she chuckled. “But I sure hope it’s worth your family losing their trust in you because trust me Enzo. Once you walk through that door and leave us for that girl. Things are never going to be the same between the both of you” The both?

“Stop acting shocked Giovanni.Everyone in this household knows that you and Bella are madly in love with each other but for some fucked up reason you always choose to keep things away from her” she sighed. ” A relationship based on lies is doomed to fail, no matter how strong your love is. Without trust, there is nothing but pain and sorrow.”

“Bye baby” she kissed me on the cheek. “I hope you know what you’re doing” she looked at me once more then left. I was now stuck between leaving and staying. What would I gain from leaving with Lucia. We could easily steal the bay from her yet my father was so adamant on having me be in a relationship with her. I could never know what that man was thinking. I sighed for the umpteenth time today.

First Si goes missing now my family hates me. All because of me. What type of Don was I going to be? I stood up and got ready to walk out through the door again.

ISABELLA

I watched him as he seemed to contemplate what to do. It seemed as he had finally made a choice when he stood up and beelined for the exit.

“You’re so fucking pathetic” I screamed at him. He looked at me with a sad look on his face. No. You don’t get to act like you’re hurting.