Epilogue.

7 YEARS LATER.

"Mum are we going to Khalid's house today " my six year old son Ayman asked me with a huge smile on his face.

"Okay we'll go after Islamiyya" I said wearing his uniform for him.

"Me too,me too" his younger sister, my four year old daughter Shahd interrupted without even knowing the topic of discussion.

"Yes I'll take you too, we'll go to Aunty Khadijah's house, together." I said tickling the side of her stomach making her laugh out loud.

I finished getting them ready and we went outside, I decided to drop them off today so I told the driver to stay, we hit the road and we got there in few minutes, the road was clear because it was Saturday morning and most people were still indoors.

"Mummy bye bye " they both said in unison after hugging me then they were escorted inside by the security guard, I waved at them until they were out of sight

I drove back home and rested on the couch, my stomach grumbled and I took it as a cue to go and make my own breakfast, I toasted bread and put an apple flavored tea bag into my mug filled with hot water, the colorless water now colored and scented, I chugged the hot liquid before biting into my bread.

I was still tired from not sleeping at night yesterday, I tried to find sleep but it was just not coming, I shut my eyes enjoying the silence before my little cuties come home with their bickering, trust me I'm not complaining, I love it when they move around the house making it fun and lively but at this point I needed sleep. Badly.

After the much needed nap, If possible I woke up feeling more tired than before, I managed to get myself to the kitchen to make lunch for my kids because they were already on their way home.

I simply made Penne pasta for us and I dished it out in the food flasks, before I finished setting the table, I heard the revving of a car engine before the voices of my babies.

"I won, I reached first" Shahd said laughing at her older brother.

"That is because I let you win" he laughed back at her making her own smile fade.

"Who are those?" I playfully said and they both turned their heads, now having a big smile as they both ran to hug me. "Mummy Ina yini" they both greeted me.

"Lafiya my babies".

"Mummy I'm not a baby, I'm a big boy" Ayman said flexing his invisible biceps.

"Alright, big boy let's get you changed" I said leading them both to the room to change their clothes, after changing we all went back downstairs to eat.

"Shahd Muhammad Bilal!" Warning: observe table manners.

She placed her hands on her lips covering the laughter that wanted to escape from her mouth.

"If I hear any word from you two again yeah—." I didn't need to complete the sentence, they already got the message.

They both kept quiet and ate their meals, still hitting each other's legs under the table. KIDS!.

X
We already made it to Khadijah's house, she didn't know we were coming so we just had to surprise her and her son Khalid, I called her husband Mansur and he told me they were home.

I honked at the doorman, quickly recognizing me, he slid the gate open and I drove in, I parked my car and unlocked it for the kids to come out then I exited the car too and locked it with the lock button on my car key.

I knocked on the door several times before she opened the door revealing her in a cute pink floral gown, her baby bump very much on display.

"Shahd and Ayman, my loves" she reduced her height to their level and hugged them, they exchanged pleasantries with each other before they entered the house to play around.

"I thought they were with their grandparents" she said after we've started talking, taking our gist to the living room.

"Sun dawo tun last week ai, kinsan anyi resuming school".

"Oh haka" she commented.

We filled in on the things that happened in her life in the past week and I did the same, time flew by fast, seconds—minutes—hours after it was already getting dark, the kids were still outside playing until it was time to go. We bid farewell and then went back home.

Ayman went to the mosque together with the driver, while Shahd and I prayed our Isha prayers together in my room.

After prayers, they both took their baths and I covered them in towels to dry their bodies, I pulled out their pajamas from their closets and placed them on the bed until they're not wet anymore.

"Where is my phone?" I asked checking the room for it.

"You left it downstairs" Shahd said giggling and wiggling, she always gets excited after a bath.

I went downstairs to look for it and I saw it on the dining table near the bowl filled with green grapes, I picked it up and turned to go upstairs when I heard keys shuffling and the sound of the door unlocking filled my ears, I watched as the door opened slowly and there was a— "Bills" I exclaimed running to him as I jumped on him, lifting me up—my legs wrapped around his waist, pulling each other in a tight hug.

He travelled to Djibouti for three weeks and he told me he was returning home after a month. "I missed you" I pecked him on his lips and he gave little kisses to my lips—cheeks—forehead, he placed me down on my feet and I was smiling like a baby.

"You told me you were spending a month away and— I didn't expect you to be back so soon". My chest moving up and down because of my breathing.

"I wanted to surprise you" he said staring down at me.

"I'm surprised" I said holding his hands firmly before hugging him again.

"Where are our kids?" The twinkle in his eyes didn't go unnoticed. I pointed to their room and he took my hand leading us to the stairs until we got to their room.

I entered inside first and they were both laughing at something they were talking about, they stopped when I entered.

"Mummy did you see it?" They both asked.

"Yes I did, guess what else I found" I said and they were both clueless.

"Daddy!" I said making a magician wave then Bilal entered the room surprising them.

"Daddy! Daddy!" The both jumped from the bed and ran to hug their father.

I watched them with admiration as they shared their father—children moment.

"Okay, let us let daddy go and rest, you see his tired face" I said moving my fingers on his beautiful face and he smiled lazily.

I wore their pajamas for them and I tucked them in on their beds after saying their sleeping azhkaar with them, they shut their eyes before I turned of the lights and we both left the room.

Bilal placed his hand on my waist bringing me closer to him and he kissed my forehead for the upmteenth time since his arrival.

"I couldn't sleep yesterday" I pouted my lips like a little child and he smiled softly.

"I'll cuddle you tonight till you fall asleep, okay?" I nodded and he pecked me on my lips again before lifting me bridal style to our room.

                       ♡✎ The End. ♡ ✎