5. Hurry-Scurry

Author's P.O.V

"Thank heavens you arrived at the right time!" You were out of breath as you fixed your dress and the man beside you had his entire concentration on the road ahead. Honestly, you were sweating in the outfit and after all the running that you did with the sun shining brightly right above your head, there was absolutely no energy left in you.

"Damn, they were fast." He blurted out in a calm tone with no sign of tension while your insides were doing summersaults in anxiety. You looked at him in disbelief before answering.

"Of course they gonna be fast! What else do you expect?"

The guy didn't budge at all. A few seconds passed by in silence which you didn't care to break, your only focus was on escaping the place as quickly as you could. The beachside was long gone, now heading towards the highway. The narrow streets were a blur of unending routes and flashing signs as the man gripped the steering wheel of his car. It seems as if rain had poured down in torrents, making the pavement slick and treacherous.

For a moment, you looked at him and wondered who he was and why was he helping you, also, you were still trying to recall his face as you were sure you had seen him somewhere before.

There were many questions in your head and decided to seek answers for each one of them later.

Looking out through the window, you guessed it must be around 1:30 in the noon. The head was empty, no thoughts. You just felt like keeping aside all worries for the time being and live the moment. The silence was still present but it was not awkward by any means. Neither he spoke a word, nor did you. It was like you had willingly given your life's steering to this man and a voice in your head was loud, assuring you it was safe to be with him.

However, you didn't have any other option than trusting him.

Despite the velocity of the getaway, the man was calm at the wheel, waving through the vehicles ahead finely.
All of a sudden, you realized the speed of the car increased and turned at the guy with a questionable expression plastered on your face.

"They're behind us." He said with slightly furrowed eyebrows as he glanced in his rearview mirror and saw the dark sedan tailing you both closely. Nobody knew how hard his heart pounded while he weaved through the light traffic, narrowly avoiding collisions with other vehicles.

"Hold up- what?!" Saying that, you peeked out of the window to take a quick look behind and realized 3 black cars were following yours and that's exactly when you felt a hard pull on your left hand that brought you back inside to your seat.

"How are we gonna get out of their sight now?!" There was impatience and uneasiness flowing out from your words making your stomach churn for some reason. "They must've already taken a note of the number plate... you getting what I am saying?" Again you were restless and the guy managed to maintain his composure which irked you to each core of your body.

"How can you be so calm oh my god?! Are you even liste-"

"Calm down Y/N, I'm figuring it all out okay?" This was the first time he looked at you. And you just realized you were irritating him the whole time by being noisy, or maybe not. Of course he wasn't dumb to not know about it and you were bound to trust him with this one.

The series of harsh driving was on between you and the people behind and you felt scared deep down in some corner of your heart because the scene was turning dangerous each passing second. For the past 30 minutes, this game of cat and mouse was making your heart beat faster than the car was. You stole glances at the guy driving and saw him being all ferocious, deeply focused as his eyes were fixated on the rear view mirror. Jaw tightened, the veins of his hands popping out.