What if?

I was already soundly asleep when Giyuu arrived back from his mission. As he came in the house, he looked at me momentarily before walking to me quietly. He came to me and sat beside me, patting my head. It was very late at night, everyone was sleeping in their cozy homes. He went to his room and went to sleep as well, after all it had been a long night. He slowly closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. It was quite quiet after that.

Time skip

    I woke up not remembering how I fell asleep, but I assumed it was out of boredom. I stood up and went to Giyuu, who was already preparing breakfast. This would be a good opportunity to ask him about how I could become a demon slayer.

     "Giyuu-san, how can I become a demon slayer?" I ask him. It was strange question to ask for a five year old, but I didn't really think of it that way. Giyuu raises his eyebrows and turns halfway around.

   "Why would you want to know that?" He questioned, a bit skeptical. He put the plates he was washing down and turns fully around.

   "I want to become one when I grow up...can I?" I respond. It was a simple, yet surprising response. He then shakes he head no, which makes makes me confused, before he speaks again.

   "You're too young." He responds calmly, before continuing to do what he was doing. A clear flash of disappointment was shown on my face.

    "How old do I need to be to become a demon slayer?" I ask him. I was hoping to somehow convince him.

   "The usual age to enter the demon slayer corps is around fifteen to sixteen, but there is one young fourteen year old boy who was able to become a Hashira. But that was because he was naturally gifted with talent. A normal fourteen year old boy could never be a Hashira at that age." He replies. I think for a moment. There really isn't any way to convince him on this. 

    "It is a very dangerous job that puts your life at risk, at your age, it is just a impossible. Enjoy your childhood while you can, Yuka. You can wait for a few more years." He adds. He was absolutely right. I couldn't protect myself against the first demon I encountered, how was I supposed to become a demon slayer? I am too weak and young, and it would be a waste. But then again, I really don't want to wait for ten more years. I sighed in defeat. I wanted to atleast learn how to become one, but my efforts were all in vain. I am pretty sure Giyuu would reply with the same answer, that I'm too young and weak. 

    "When then, how did you become a demon slayer, Giyuu-san?" I ask. He looks at me momentarily, thinking about what to say. Then he speaks.

     "To become a demon slayer, you need to train everyday. You need to train your body to withstand any obstacles you may come across during in battle. It takes a long time, but in the end it's worth it. There's many breathing styles to choose from, mines is water breathing, but there's others. There are also ranks in the demon slayer corps, the Hashira rank being the highest. The Hashiras are talented and gifted individuals who are the most cable of the demon slayer corps. The demon slayer corps dedicates their lives to defeat demons. One in particular. Muzan. I will explain more about him later. But that is all you need to know for now."

    I stood silent. That was quite a lot of information and I needed to process it slowly. Since not every one of my questions were answered, I had to assume a few things. For example, Giyuu has a katana, which I'm guessing is the primary weapon for demon slayers. I assume that they train to be able to fight with a katana and use breathing styles with it. But there must be a lot more training than just that, and training probably takes months or even years. Giyuu said he was a Hashira, so he's probably a pro at water breathing or something. And there's also someone named Muzan? Who's that? Giyuu said that the demon slayers corps dedicate their life to defeat demons, one demon in particular that is named Muzan? What makes them do that? I mean, I get why they defeat demons, because they eat humans, but why this particular demon? Of course, Giyuu was busy, so I had to ask these questions another day. I could maybe just teach myself to become a demon slayer. It would be incredibly difficult, but it's possible. But first I need a katana. Where am I going to get that? I mean, I could just ask Giyuu, but he would probably be skeptical on why I need it. Or I could just dress on as a grown woman. But how would I do that without looking suspicious? I'm way too short, and I don't know how to grow any taller in a fast a way. Gosh, so many questions with no answers.