#1. Welcome To Berkeley High

Today 4:39

Kenna

I'll miss you so much, Ali!!💕

You
I'll text you every day, istg. I gtg tho because I'm almost to the house.

Read 4:39

—————————————————————————

"Who are you texting?" asks my mother, with a half grin plastered on her face. "Kenna," I respond trying to sound less annoyed than I am.

"Oh, how is she? Is she doing good?" my mother's face lightens up, turning her grin into a face of concern and curiosity. "Maybe you would know if you hadn't made us move here." I feel myself roll my eyes. "Listen, I loved LA just as much as you did- but the divorce made it hard to afford our place. And your father was going to have to work double shifts to afford the rent for us, even before the divorce. I unbuckle my seatbelt as we pull into our driveway, "Whatever."

The cold wind blows through my hair, as I step out of the car.

"The rooms are already furnished, right?" I call out to my mom, who's still inside the car. She opens the door and answers "Yes, you just need to decorate and stuff." I nod before walking into the house and trying to locate my room. I eventually find it and jump onto the bed.

I want to just sink into a hole and die right now. I think to myself.

7:42 PM

"ALINAAA!!" My mother yells from the kitchen, waking me up from my nap.
I sit up from my bed and rub my eyes, smudging the black eyeliner I have on, and standing up to start making my way downstairs.

"Yeah?" I call out as I yawn, walking to the kitchen where my mother is standing.

"I have your schedule for tomorrow, and I also have your dinner. Do you have everything packed and ready?" Her words feel like they are coming into one ear and out the other. I just nod and sit down where the plate of pasta my mother made is sitting.

I feel my mother's eyes on me, and I look up to glance at her. "What?" "Nothing. I'm going to my room. You better be up and completely ready for tomorrow." She replies. "Alright, I get it." She places down my schedule.

My mother leaves and walks upstairs and I sit and gaze at the food in front of me. I take a bite or two and dump the rest. I can't eat tonight.

I walk back upstairs and go to my room, shutting the door behind me and looking at my phone. Shit. Kenna texted me 4 times while I was sleeping, I feel like an asshole. I'll just text her in the morning.

I open my wardrobe and plan an outfit for my first day of school tomorrow. An old band tee with some cargo pants. Good enough for me.

I lay back down,  and go onto my phone for about an hour. I close my eyes and quickly drift off to bed.

6:00 AM

*BEEP, BEEP!!* My phone's alarm goes off. "Ugh." I groan and start to get ready. I lazily did my makeup and threw on the outfit I planned.

6:40 AM

Lucky me, I live 10 minutes away from school, so I have to walk every day. I pick up my bag and the schedule my mom left out for me and leave the house, shutting the door behind me.

I connect my AirPods as I begin to walk, playing my playlist titled "SCHOOL. 🙁" as I go along. I text Kenna back while I'm walking, with no expectancy for her to reply since school begins at 8 for her.

5 minutes into my walk, I noticed a boy wearing a jersey reading #7 and some black shorts. It's the middle of fall. How the fuck do you wear shorts and a tank top in the middle of September?? Anyway, he is walking in the same direction as me. Despite how confused I feel on how he can wear that in this weather, he's cute. I thought to myself.

6:53 AM
Unfortunately, my first day at Berkeley High School begins in 7 minutes. As i am walking through the doorway, the same boy from before bumps into me and knocks my phone out of my hands. I look up to see him walking away, averting his gaze off me. Maybe he's not so cute after all.

Suddenly, a girl with bright pink braces is in front of my face, grinning widely.

"Alina Carsly, right?" She asks me, looking at the paper that she's holding and looking back up at me.

"Yes..?" I reply awkwardly, my face making an unusual expression. "Great! I'll be showing you around today. My name is Katherine, but you can call me Kat. Welcome to Berkeley High!" She smiles warmly at me, holding out her hand and waiting for me to shake it.

I shake her hand very loosely, and I'm suddenly being dragged through the crowds and into the hallways. "Your homeroom is this way. So, Alina, why did you move here?" before I could respond, she shoots another question at me- "Do you like it here? What's the band on your shirt?"

A couple of seconds pass by of the persistent questions, and we've made it to my homeroom.
"Okay, hopefully, you can find your way around the school. Your homeroom teacher is really nice. I'll see you soon, if you have any questions come up to me!" she speaks at an impossible rate of words per second.

I open the door to my new homeroom and take a deep breath before entering. This is it.

————————————————
Authors Note !
————————————————

Hello, thank you so much for taking the time to read the first chapter of this story!! I am a student, and I am very busy. I will not be able to write 24/7. However, if a second chapter is requested, I will make attempts to continue to write when I'm free! Any suggestions or ideas would be deeply appreciated. Thank you so much for taking time to read this and possibly share tips with me.

————————————————
TWS FOR THIS BOOK.
————————————————

ed / sh / violence / smoking ...

946 words. 9/17 - 9/18.