Basic Summary

CHARACTERS:
-R! & SP! Chicken
-R! & SP! CS
-R! & SP! Nachi

~

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

   In an AU, it's technically an alternate universe based off of one main universe. The characters are somewhat switched around, put into the places of other characters, or just go through a slight lore change. There are millions of possibilities for different AUs, but did anyone ever consider what would happen if the characters from alternate universes met?

   Of course, it's possible- trans-universal travel is theoretically possible with the right technology. And, with a good amount of luck (or planning, depending on how you meet), you'll eventually meet an alternate version of yourself and maybe your friends as well.

   This all sounds nice and dandy until we really think about how well (or unwell) you would react. Think about it- you're out on a daily walk, then another version of yourself introduces themselves and blasts your mind away with completely illogical theories of trans-universal travel... chances are, the first think you'll think of is either calling authorities or resorting to violence. That wouldn't end up too well, would it?

   Well, there's a solution- you're naturally coded to come with a certain "bond" with your alternate versions, meaning that you'll have a natural sense of peace and serenity with them. It stays in your subconsciousness, and it exists purely for that extra layer of safety in the rare scenario that two versions of the same person meet. The bond is the weakest in neurotypical people and strongest in neurodivergent people depending on the mental illness/disorder.

   The closer the universes are, the stronger the bond gets- it makes sense, seeing as they have a higher chance of meeting each other and therefore needs more protection against each other. However- Sanity Pill AU (which we'll call SP! AU) and Regular AU (which we'll call R! AU) are overlapping each other by a third of each universe. And it just so happens that the two worlds both exist in the overlapping area, putting them in an incredulous amount of danger- not just because the chances of them meeting have gone beyond the scale, but also because the safety system has now confused itself. It doesn't know which world belongs to which universe anymore, and can only assume that it's an emergency protocol- meaning that the bonds are so strong the mental and physical states of both R! and SP! versions of the OCs are dependent on each other. Not too much- barely a scratch, but still affecting.

   And as you might predict by now, this can get very dangerous when a certain someone goes insane...

~

THE SUMMARY:
   In R! AU, life is just shenanigans on the wiki. Nothing more, nothing less, chaos here and there but everything's pretty peaceful. The place is formatted to be like a society- you either have a roommate, live by yourself, or have some sort of transportation to the dimension/planet you usually live in. You look like your OC, and the wiki is a giant building where separate screens are separate conversations- and it records your response. Month-old threads are no longer visible on the public TVs, though they are still saved to inner hard drives. You are still able to talk to people outside of the building, however- and the rest of the society functions like a suburban town. It's a small place, a floating island, but it's perfectly happy and is more of a central town by itself.

   In SP! AU, the place is much more realistic- it's much closer to the Earth as we know it, and has a well functioning society. However, 95% of the citizens here have a genetically transferred disease- the more enjoyment and fun they experience, the more their sanity will chip away. The stragglers- the remaining 5%- are collected to be officials that control everything and make sure the society is kept in check. They create the sanity pills (or drinkable medicine for kids) so that the citizens can still enjoy themselves while keeping their sanity.