// 𝕡𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕪-𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣 //

hiraeth - part fifty-four

»»——⍟——««

       "Can I fight again?" Goku asked, glancing between Whis and Lord Beerus. Beerus hummed, smirking.

"Yes, that would only be fair since you were unfairly eliminated," Beerus spoke, standing up from his seat, speaking louder for the referee to hear. "Contestant Goku will be fighting in the tournament again, as well as Piccolo. They can't be eliminated through cheating."

"What!? That's not fair, brother!" Champa yelled back, squeezing his fists into balls, struggling to hold himself back from destroying the entire planet. Not only had he been humiliated by Frost's cheating and failure, but now Beerus was winning, and had more contestants on his team.

"It is fair, my Lord," Vados spoke up, making Champa growl in annoyance, but begrudgingly settled down. Vados cleared her throat, calling Frost up to join them. But just as the demon turned around, Vegeta yelled out to Frost.

"Wait a minute," He called. Frost paused, glancing back with a sharp glare. Vegeta smirked, clenching his fists tightly. "Let Frost back in. I wanted to fight him."

"W-What? But contestant Frost has been eliminated—" The referee tried to explain to Vegeta, but was cut off by Beerus's voice.

"Just let him have his fight. It'll be over fast." Beerus said. The referee hummed in uncertainty, but stepped back off of the arena, permitting Vegeta's fight. Vegeta smirked as Frost turned back to Vegeta in both confusion and intrigue, his lips twitching up into a dark smile.

"I'm not as weak as you think," Frost spoke, holding his arms out, as if asking for Vegeta to charge him. "I won't hold back. I'm going to kill you for this."

"You shouldn't hold back if you want to survive this," Vegeta spoke, his smirk turning into a full fledged grin, wasting no time as he powered up to Super Saiyan, charging Frost.

It was hardly even a fight, with Frost unable to land a single hit, and being effortlessly knocked unconscious and thrown out of the ring. Vegeta smirked, glancing up to the other contestants of Universe 6 to see their reactions. Botamo and Cabba were looking over the edge of their platform with worry-filled eyes, while two other contestants sat to the side. One that Vegeta wasn't even sure was allowed to be a contestant, a massive robot. And the other, an odd man who paid the fight or Vegeta no mind. In fact, he looked as though he were sleeping. Vegeta scoffed in annoyance, turning away as he crossed his arms, awaiting the next match.

"Should we leave Vegeta in? The order of who's fighting kind of got messed up," Y/n spoke as she sat beside Goku, watching Vegeta. Whis hummed, glancing over at Piccolo, who sat slightly humiliated alone.

"Would you like to get another chance to fight, Piccolo?" Whis asked. Piccolo hummed, shaking his head with a sigh.

"I wasn't much use in this fight. I doubt I'll do any good at this point. Just focus on Goku, Y/n, and Vegeta." Piccolo said. Y/n felt slightly bad for the Namekian, but it couldn't be helped. He was surrounded by Saiyans with absolutely broken power, it was unavoidable.

"Then will I get to go back in?" Goku asked, his eyes practically glowing with excitement at the chance to prove he was strong. Goku wanted more than anything to show off just how strong he was, not only to the spectators, but to himself.

"Let's wait a bit, Goku, see what other contestants Universe 6 has to offer. I actually think Y/n should go after Vegeta." Whis said, confusing Goku as he started whining.

"What? Why Y/n? She doesn't even want to fight!" Goku exclaimed, his words slightly offending Y/n despite them being true.

"Goku, look at the next contestants," Whis spoke, directing their attention to Universe 6's team. "They not only have a Saiyan with who knows what kind of strength, but also a Metal Man, whose strengths are known beyond just the 6th universe. And that other man, I don't recognize him, but I wouldn't doubt if he's quite strong. If Y/n is eliminated from one of these three, then the rest of the tournament will be up to you—"