intro

.
.

Jaewon used to be good at math. Excel in class. Always in the top 3 at the end of term exams. But now he's struggling, doesn't know how to love something he could do much, much better at and never learned how to actually study for school. What does this make him? A disappointment that can't even face his best friend because of the dark rings of shame under his eyes?

He's been ghosting him. Wasting his time spacing out, overthinking, pretending to sleep. He hates it. He hates himself.

Jungwoo reaches out to him first. And everything comes breaking down.

.
.
[NINE.i Eden x Vahn]
set in the Highschool Lovers universe
chronologically the fourth fic in the timeline, but can be read as a standalone
prequel —> dive into the sunlit storms (Vahn pov)

i Eden x Vahn]set in the Highschool Lovers universechronologically the fourth fic in the timeline, but can be read as a standaloneprequel —> dive into the sunlit storms (Vahn pov)

.
.

how much do you project onto your characters in order to process your own problems in life?
Me: yes.

Basically this is me working through my own burnt out gifted child realization phase through the means of creative writing and self-indulgement, so this might not be relatable to every burnt out gifted child reading this. But maybe you do relate and this can give you some comfort.

Dedicated to past and future me. You deserve more kindness than you allow yourself. I'm sorry for hurting you.

(Note: this is the first part of the series I've ever written. If I ramble a lot in my intro notes on other parts of the series, that's why.)

.
.