The Twilight Saga: New Moon

This summary will most likely be one of the shortest, as there are a lot more notes that I do not remember the context of. There's a lot of support for Charlie, Jacob, and Jessica for being good people, but that changes for Jacob rather quickly. It was during this movie that not only did we get a detailed description of vampiric suicide, and learn Edward might have attachment issues, but this is also the movie where I realized Edward and Bella's relationship is straight-up massive pedophilia. Edward is hundreds of years old, and Bella is 17! Even when she does turn 18 later in the saga, that massive age gap brings an uncomfortable undertone to the relationship. Some love for Emmett is expressed, and Jasper has some issues that he needs to work through, but with the love the Cullen family has for each other, I'm sure Jasper has all the support he needs.

New Moon brings with it Jacobs's first werewolf transformations and a whole new slew of wolfy-related problems, other than his bluntly obvious hatred for the Cullen family he's expressed multiple times in both this and the previous movie. Becoming a full-fledged werewolf leads to Jacob cutting his hair (which is considered sacred or important in several Native American cultures), a whole new attitude that quickly makes me renounce my "Jacob is a good friend" note from earlier and gives us something that will irritate me for the rest of the saga. Apparently, being a werewolf means you gain an allergy to shirts. Seriously! Almost every time one or more of the pack members is on screen (unless they're a girl) they're shirtless and wear only what are either boxers or shorts. Let's be honest, they're probably boxers.

More chaos ensues with the Voltori, kind of the overall "rulers" of the vampire world you could say. Because he wants to keep Bella safe, Edward heads off to Italy to commit the vampiric suicide I mentioned earlier. Basically, Edward planned to reveal himself to a bunch of humans, becoming an undead disco ball in the middle of the town's annual celebration of riding their town of vampires (except they didn't because the Voltori base is right under their feet). This will make the Voltori mad, and they'll kill him for breaking a rule. Bella of course goes after him with Alice's help (I love her so much!), and stops him before he can go all disco ball. Bella then gets to meet the Volturi and it is revealed she's immune to not only Edward's mind reading (thank Thor for that), but she's also immune to some of the other vampires' mind powers. So I guess she's the chosen one now or whatever. Great! One more thing to add to this dumpster fire of confusion.

It is at this point I would like to bring up the fact that before Edward disappeared for the entirety of this movie, he and Bella broke up. But at the end of the movie, after getting interrupted and starting an argument with Jacob, Edward proposes. He and Bella never got back together! They're still Exs! What is wrong with you?! And then the movie ends right there! No answer! Why?!

Side-tracking from the love triangle drama, I would like to shed some light on the rest of the town. In this movie we learn that the long-standing hatred of vampires from the 'wolves of Forks has to do with a single incident, hundreds of years ago, seemingly before the Cullens ever even thought of stepping foot in Forks. Time to let go, guys! Or at least realize not all vampires are like that.

Speaking of vampires, Edward is my least favorite member of the Cullen family. I hate him more than Rosalie who, in all fairness, gets better in the later movies. Charlie and Bella's friends from school deserve so much more than Bella is giving them. At this point, I am positive the entire town should look into therapy.