NIGHTMARE.

Boom! The deafening sound of explosions echoes in the air. Every sight you see is filled with smoke and fire consuming every building it touches. Some fires are small, while others are large, to the point where you could imagine that you are in the depths of hell.

But in the middle of this nightmarish place, a boy was walking on the road, crying as he passed on the dead bodies lying on the ground. His face was covered in dirt and blood, and his body was full of wounds.

"Grandpa, Grandpa, where are you?" he said in a crying tone.

His head was continuously looking around as he tried to get out of this hellish place. But when he's about to pass on the corner of the road, a giant beast suddenly appears on the side.

The ground shakes as the beast walks, as he sees a gigantic ferocious dog on the road. It has two heads, red eyes, and both of its mouths were spewing red-hot flames.

The boy trembles in fear as he sees a giant monster in front of him. His mind tells him to run, but his body says that he can't. To the point that even to lift a finger is impossible as he shakes in fear.

The monster moves one step at a time as it deeply shakes the ground. He slowly approaches the boy like he is slowly walking toward his delicious meal.

It opens its mouth as a flame inside it is starting to grow. But before it can release its attack on the kid, a slash follows with a thick white smoke hitting the beast and beheading it.

After that scene, a silhouette of the man suddenly appears in the center of the thick white mist. He slowly approaches the boy as he says something to him. But as the silhouette of the man opens its mouth, the boy can only hear is silence. As the man kept talking, he kept listening again and again. But to his surprise, it was to no avail.

Until a loud noise suddenly echoes in the area. As the sound echoes, the whole surrounding area starts to become dark as the boy is eaten inside.

******

"Apo!!!" A very loud shout resounded all around. "Apo!! Wake up son, it's already afternoon." A shout that you could hear all over the house.

"Hmmmmmm!! What the hell? Why the noise!!!" he exclaimed.

Apo kept moving on the bed as he woke up from his deep sleep. While rolling on the bed, he started to think 'what was that crazy dream he just had.' He deeply thinks about it as he tries to find out what the meaning of it. 

But as he thinks about the dream, Apo is starting to feel sleepy as his body wants to go back to his nap.

So close his eyes again and take a short nap, but his effort becomes futile as he hears his mother shouts below. So he started to get up from his bed and go down, since maybe his mother might start to come up and scold him again.

Even though his body was heavy, and it felt like he was being dragged to his bed, he still tried to stand up as his eyes continuously shouted out in his face. He looked at the clock on his cellphone and he saw that it was nine o'clock in the morning. As he saw it, he started to remember that he had an appointment with his uncle at eleven.

So he didn't hesitate to get up from his bed as he quickly fixed it along the way. He quickly placed his pillows on the top as he arranged and folded his sheets and blankets too.

After he finished fixing it, he hurriedly opened the door and left the room. In the meantime his mother was cooking in the kitchen. She started to hear large bangs and noises coming from the second floor.

Her eyebrow frowned as she heard all the noise from the top, but she just let it slide into her head since it was early in the morning and she didn't want to stress herself at that time.

As Apo came down the stairs with a sleepy face.  He slowly walks down,  as he smells the flavorful aroma in the air. So he asked his mother, "What is there for breakfast?" As his mother hears it, she immediately replies that the breakfast she was cooking is "tosilog," a famous breakfast in the Philippines.

Knowing that his breakfast was delicious, Apo walked to the bathroom to immediately wash his face. As he washed his face there, he noted to his mother that he had an appointment with his uncle at eleven. After his mother hears it, his mother asks what his uncle is after for, at that time, since they all had to go on the trip later in the afternoon.

As she said that, Apo knew that if he said that he was going to train with his uncle, he was gonna  scold his mom. Because his mother hates him for training since she knew that Apo was weak to the point that his body always collapsed if he trained too hard. So he lied to his mother that "he had something to pick up there" so his mother did not worry.

His mother didn't say a thing as she heard what Apo said. But she just advised him to come back home by noon since they had to drive to Manila.

When Apo heard it, his mom immediately continued what she was doing as he immediately washed his face. While there apo started thinking to himself that 'even though his mother always scolded him for doing things that she said NO to, she had never beaten him or harmed him since he was a little kid.

That is why he still loves her very much even though they were in the bad terms sometimes. And every year apo simply gives his mother flowers every time on his mother's birthday has arrived just to say thank you for all she has done.

As Apo was done washing his face, he immediately left the bathroom and went straight to the table to have his breakfast. He starts to arrange the table as he places the plate on it. As the breakfast was ready, Apo immediately helped his mother plate the food. He pulled out a chair and slowly sat down into it.

While eating his breakfast, his mother opened the TV to see if there was any good news to watch. As she searched the channels, it immediately stopped when they heard the news on it.