Bystander

One quiet morning, I stared at the blank television while drinking my cup of black coffee. The building beside the one I'm staying in exploded, causing the glass to fly all over the room.

"CURSE YOU WATER GUY!" I shouted as I packed my belongings and left in a hurry, without even being able to touch the waffles I just finished cooking. Water Guy is the 'hero' name of the protagonist of the current comic book I'm in. Also the name of the guy I despise the most.

"WHEN WILL THIS BOOK END?!" I complained while running from my life.

It's been almost 3 years since I gained consciousness, and in those 3 years, I experienced 38 comic book stories. I still remember the first story I woke up in, It was a historical type and I was one of the hundred knights, then I just decided to flee from the war because I decided not to die.

And I just fell asleep and found myself in another book. I just thought to myself, Wow I must be the favorite extra character of the writer and just decided to live my life as a comic book extra.

But this book... I've been staying here for 2 years! and I am TIRED of running around trying NOT to die!

It's not even because of the antagonist, but the PROTAGONIST! who doesn't know how to AIM! and kills everyone else except the antagonist.

I turned around the corner and entered an abandoned bar shop. "Wow... a new record, 3 months of not being bothered," Aya said.

"Yeah just for it to be ruined by water guy...again," I said sitting at one of the stable stools.

Aya is a talking cat, not I'm not crazy, he really is a talking cat, with the deepest voice.

This bar is where the scrapped characters stay, abandoned and forgotten. Aya was supposed to be Antagonist's pet, but I guess the writer just decided not to give them a pet.

"Have you seen them yet?" Aya asked. probably talking about the antagonist again. despite being stuck in this book for 2 years, I still haven't seen the main antagonist yet. 

Aya said they'll appear if the book is coming to an end since they'll be the last villain the hero will be fighting, like the last boss of some sort. 

"Nope! I don't even care anymore." I said. I used to look for that antagonist before to make the book end faster. "I guess I'll just keep on running for who knows how long." 

"Why don't you just follow your script and do your role right? it can't be that hard, I mean you're the most extra-looking guy from all the extras." Aya suggested, sitting on the countertop.

"And die? nope, sorry kitty I'd rather live." I said trying to pet him but his fur stood up as he hissed at me. "Touch me and I'd rip your eyes out."

Of course, you were made to be the pet of the main villain.

"I still don't understand how the antagonist's supposed to be 'pet' is in here, while the antagonist themself is nowhere to be seen," I complain. resting my head on my palm.

"shh, they are currently on their sad backstory."

"Do you even know what they look like?" I asked, "Of course, not." He replied. I sighed deeply. 

"I'll get going now, before Water Guy destroys this building as well." I stood up and left the bar. I felt bad leaving Aya in that building all alone and as much as I wanted to be away from the main characters' shenanigans, I can't be far away for too long from the other characters, for fear of being completely erased.

Especially, I'm just an extra character, with no part in the story, but to make the main character look good. Any second, I can die without any reason.