Chapter 5

It was lunch and everyone felt tired. The kids sat together as Barry munched on his food but Allen hardly ate. His fork searched the plate as his gaze was on Kevin.

"Who's Kevin Mondragon" Allen asked startling the others as Barry and brad stopped eating. Allen and Sam looked at them.

"Kevin's the son of charles and Kate Mondragon" Barry started.
"Their family is like really feared, and powerful" Brad added.

"Well I can believe that last part" Allen sneered.
"You've met him, haven't you?" Sam asked and he nodded with a painful smile and shoved his hair away from his face. He was cute no doubt.

"And Dana tickler?" Sam asked indirect telling her brother that someone also picked on her. Allen looked at Barry who raised and pulled down his eyebrows in a manner of yes.

"Let's just say she kind of embarrassed me in front of the whole shifters but guess what, she has a crush on you" Allen smirked.

"Whoever picks on my sister isn't getting a dating life with me" Barry and brad smiled at each other as Sam playfully punched Allen's arm.
It was easy for them to get use to being siblings since they were best friends since childhood. It helped that it wasn't wierd.

"Your pathetic!" Dana screamed from a distance. Everyone turned to see Dana and Nicole. Dana was the only one talking while Nicole just stood smirking at her.

"Your really pathetic Nicole" Dana said again more softly. Nicole shook her head and sighed not ready for a fight with her former best friend. She took her crackers and started for the door.

"Yeah, you just leave cause you never belonged here anyway" everyone gasped watching the fight. Nicole turned back and smiled. One sided.
"Neither did you"

Everyon me looked at dana waiting for a comeback but she was speechless. She slapped her tray down in anger as she saw Nicole leave winning this round.

Allen saw Nicole go out the door and got up to follow her, seeing dis was an opportunity to finally talk to her.
"Allen" Sam called but he signaled her that he'd be back.

"Nicole!" Allen called her in the hallway. She didn't turn. He ran and held her hand back. Having very fast reflexes she turned and held, her hand, in his neck pressed against the wall.

She has red eyes?, how did I not see that. He thought.

"Oh it's you" she said and let go of him. "Don't do that again Salvador"
"It's Allen"
"Salvador" she raised one eyebrow up telling him that's what she'll be calling him and he just had to deal with it.

He cleared his throat.

"What happened Back there?" He finally asked. She took a cracker into her mouth and looked away for a second bringing back those bulging red eyes that called for something interesting.

"Nothing" she answered pushing her straight ruby hair behind her ear.
"Sounded like something" he told her looking into her eyes. He wasn't gonna just give up, she knew that so she sighed.

"Use to be best friends" she started "but all of a sudden she wants to be this bitchy daffy person, wanna be popular I guess. I talked her out of it but I guess that back fired"

Allen looked at her, no wonder she didn't want friends. Or like brad said, need.

"She called you pathetic"
"She hates me now. And my guts. But I don't care" she almost immediately said. And sighed again, a little hurt.

Allen could feel that hurt then changed the subject.
"You know your really brave, the beast?" He reminded her.
"Yeah that" she looked up remembering.
"You know a lot about your powers"
"That's because I train hard, you'd be winning the best caster of the year if you had started earlier. Now you have Kevin to deal with" he looked down then back at her.