Chapter 17 : Good Morning

Today was a momentous day for Karishma - the first day of class 11. However, instead of being filled with excitement and anticipation, she found herself caught in the depths of a deep slumber. Being engrossed deeply in her perfect slumber , she did not care about what else was going in the world !! 

On the other side , Haseena who was busy with her chores in the kitchen, was feeling a cloud of frustration descending upon her . Hands moving with practiced precision, creating a delicious aroma that spread throughout the house, but on the other side , Haseena's patience, like the breakfast she was preparing, was wearing thin.

The phrase " Humko uthane jaana pade na, khair nahi teri!!! " had become a daily ritual for Haseena, the only way she could get her baby sister out of bed.

" Raat ko soyegi nahi , aur subah uthegi nahi ! " Haseena mumbled.

" Chalo utho , bahut ho gaya . Ab ready bhi ho jao !! " 

" Yaar jiji 5 min plss " , Karishma said.

Listening to the daily excuse , Haseena let out a frustrated sigh. She however instead of shouting like the every other day opened the mini fridge placed in Karishma's room , and took out an ice cube , smirking. 

Gently, she placed the ice cube on Karishma's forehead. The icy sensation interrupted Karishma's slumber, sending a shiver down her spine. Her eyes shot open, wide with shock. 

"Jiji! Yeh kya hai? Aise kaun uthaata hai ?? " she gave an irked expression , sitting up abruptly.

Haseena couldn't help but chuckle at Karishma's startled reaction. "Hum karte hai pyaari behena , so how was the new wake-up call ?? " she replied playfully.

" Wahiyaad " , Karishma rolled her eyes and went to the washroom rubbing her eyes .

Haseena laughed at her sister's irked expression and moved out of the room , not before giving a last call to Karishma " Jaldi aana , zyada time nahi hai " .

After getting dressed, Karishma stepped out of her room, finally ready to face the day. As she made her way towards the kitchen, she spotted Haseena sitting at the dining table, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

"Ready to go, sleepyhead?" Haseena teased, reaching out for a piece of toast.

" Uffoo jiji , I m fully awake now... " Karishma rolled her eyes !!

" Good.. good " Haseena said , " Complete the breakfast fast .... Humare paas zyada waqt nahi hai , school k liye late ho jayege iske baad phir " 

" Ohoo jiji chill , ho jayega sab " Karishma said while relishing the breakfast.

After finishing their breakfast, Karishma and Haseena headed out of the house. They walked towards the bus stop, chatting about random things. As they reached the bus stop, they saw a familiar face waiting for them. It was Aayra, Karishma's best friend.

Soon , Karishma's school bus arrived and the two best friends left for school after bidding bye to Haseena.