Chapter 14 : Longing for each other!

" Hasi " Nitasha whispered, her voice choked with tears. "I'm so sorry Hasi , merko aane mein kaafi late ho gayi na , sorry yaar .... tum theek ho na ... Hasi... mujhe maaf kar do jaan ... itna kuch sehna pada tumko "

Haseena clung to Nitasha, her voice barely a whisper. "N... Nia .... m...mujhe p...paataa t...th..thaa t..tum a...aao...aaogi "

Nitasha understood Haseena was having difficulty in speaking , she put her finger on Haseena's lips " shh... " asking her to stay quiet . She needed immediate medical attention now. 

As Nitasha helped Haseena to her feet, she was surprised to see the strength and determination sparkling in Haseena's eyes. Though battered and bruised, her spirit remained unbroken. She looked at her best friend proudly!

.

.

.

.

.

Haseena reached the safe camp , fully guarded by Nitasha and her team members. But her eyes were busy searching for one person , everywhere. Nitasha did not miss to notice the longing in Haseena's gaze, the desperate need for her sister's presence. Haseena's heart ached for Karishma. The two sisters had always been inseparable, finding solace and strength in each other's company. But when Anveer had captured Haseena, he had torn them apart , much brutally making the chance of their coming back again to zero. But destiny chose something different , and by god's grace the two sisters were safe , although weak and fragile. And now, Haseena longed to see Karishma again, to hold her in her arms and assure her that she was safe. Though Haseena had survived the horrors inflicted upon her, Nitasha knew that it would be the reunion with Karishma that would truly heal her wounded soul.

But amidst the celebration, Nitasha couldn't shake off the images of Haseena's torment. The weight of the past weeks came crashing down on her, and she felt herself crumbling under the weight of her emotions. She excused herself quietly and retreated to a secluded corner of the safe house.

As Nitasha sat alone, the walls of her self-control crumbled, and her sobs echoed through the small room. She allowed herself to feel the pain, the anguish, and the fear that had consumed her when she saw Haseena in such a devasted state.

" Chahe kuch bhi ho jaye , chahe andhi aaye ya tufaan , mai humesha tumko saara musibat se bachaugi... "

" Dhaal banke khade rahege tumhare samne , har mushilon ko mujhse hoke guzarna padega tum tak pohchne ke liye "

" Tum bahut special ho mere liye pata hai , chahe kitnon bhi aaye , kitnon bhi jaaye tum mere best friend ho aur humesha rahogi "

" Hum dono humesha ek dusre ke karib rahege , is dil mein... koi kitni bhi chahe alag nhi kar skte hum dono ko "

All these words of promises that they made to each other was circulating in her mind... she couldn't shake away the picture of Haseena when she rescued her, deep inside she was vowing to take revenge of each and every thing her bestie has endured... Nitasha was determined...

" Purani Nitasha ko chunati de diya hain tumne Anveer... iska anjaam bahut bura hone vala hai ... jo itna saal tak mere andar dab ke baithi thi , ab vo bahar aane vala hai... be ready!! "

She stood up...

Next day ,

Nitasha called up Major Rana saying that it was urgent to return to Lucknow for a day . Nitasha knew that reuniting the sisters was crucial for their healing process, and she was determined to bring them together.

After speaking with Major Rana, Nitasha arranged for a special medical transport to take Karishma from Lucknow to Leh. She knew that the journey would be long and exhausting , but she was willing to go to any lengths for the betterment of two sisters!

.

.

.

.

.

Karishma sat in the back of the medical transport, gazing out the window at the passing scenery. Her thoughts were a jumbled mess of fear, relief, and longing. It had been a long and arduous journey, both physically and emotionally. The hours of captivity under Anveer's ruthless hands had left her broken and battered. She still carried the physical scars on her body, but it was the emotional wounds that ran the deepest.

As the transport made its way through the rugged terrain, memories of her time in captivity flooded back. The constant fear, and the uncertainty of whether she would ever see her jiji again had made her restless all these days when there was none with her , except for security and an efficient medical team. With each passing day, Karishma's physical wounds had begun to heal. The bruises faded and the scars had already started to blend into her skin. But it was the emotional wounds that required more time and care, which was impossible without her sister's protective embrace. Having no info about her sister's whereabouts had made her restless all these days , although herself being in full-fledged security. Finally the wait , which seemed to be an eternity was to an end.