Secrets Lie Within: Year 2 Part 19

Chapter 19:

It's the last dinner at Hogwarts for the year before the Summer Holidays. Everyone is talking about their holiday plans with their housemates as they enjoy their food. Hermione's one of them, but in the back of her head, she couldn't help the thought of something from earlier.

She secretly looks over towards the Slytherin table. Erza Weasley sits at her table next to Roselia Softpaw as the two are eating in silence. Granger raises an eyebrow in suspicion and confusion. "Why are they always together?" the second-year Gryffindor asked herself. "And why would Roselia call Harry the enemy?"

Granger waits for most people to leave the Grand Hall before approaching the odd friends. "Roselia?" the bushy-haired student speaks up. "May I speak with you?"

The white-haired student perks as her purple eyes stare back in confusion and wonder. Why would the Gryffindor girl want to talk to her? Roselia turns towards her Mistress for her response.

Erza glares deadly at the muggle-born, not liking this one bit. The redhead turns her head to her girlfriend and places a hand over her mouth in Hermione's view. Weasley whispers something in her ear before standing on her feet to leave.

"Wh-What i-is it-it?" Roselia asked, stuttering a bit as she played with her hands.

"When I was in the petrifaction stage, I heard your voice," Granger's statement surprises the secret wolf girl. "Although it sounded like muffling, I can hear your anger and frustration. Is everything alright?" she asked softly, not wanting to cause attention.

Softpaw's body stiffened in surprise for a few moments before changing into a serious look while her hands fell onto her lap. "Why is it your concern?" Roselia asked, glaring a bit. "We all have frustrating days."

"True, but it sounded something different outside of school," she mentions, speciously. "You can tell me anything. We are friends."

That snap something inside. Her glare hardens as she stands on her feet. "How could you say we are friends if you're friends with the enemy?" Roselia whispers, calmly.

Hermione watches Softpaw walk away with confusion and concern for the shy Hufflepuff.

Meanwhile, the Slytherin Weasley waits for her pet right outside of the Grand Hall. She didn't like the Gryffindor Muggle-born talking to the secret wolf girl, but it sounded serious. She looks at a pocket watch from inside her uniform. "Three minutes left," the redhead mumbler under her breath.

That's when the door opens. Roselia appears and closes it behind her. Purple eyes tell her mistress that she wants to get out of here.

Erza puts away her pocket watch and pulls out the detached leash. She attaches it to the caller around Roselia's neck. The mistress leads the pet to the Slytherin Dungeons - the only place where they can be a couple for real since everywhere else can be crowded.

No word is spoken along the way, like usual.

Wesley opens her dorm door for Roselia to enter first. Erza makes sure no one's around before closing the door. "What did that Muggle-born say?" she asked seriously still facing the door.

"She expressed her concern about the frustration she overheard when she was frozen," Softpaw answers as she sits on the lonely bed in the dorm.

"So? Everyone has bad days."

"That was my response! But then she mentioned her and I being friends...." Roselia's voice trails off into a softer tone. "Mummy? Can I be friends with the enemy's friend?"

"No," the older girl answered sharply without thinking a second thought. Erza was finally around with a glare in her features. "Everyone who is friends with the enemy should not be trusted. Remember?" she tells the pet.

The dominance sends a shiver down Roselia's spine. "Y-Yes, M-Mummy," she responds. "U-Um, a-are you still m-m-m-moving in with m-me?" the secret wolf girl needs to ask because everyone's leaving tomorrow.

"Of course, I am," Erza smiles softly, sitting next to her on the bed. "I just need to get a few things situated before fully moving into the home."

Roselia pouted.

"Do you want cute stuff?" Mistress asked, firmly.

She nods her head, still pouting.

"Hm-hm, that's what I thought, now pout the pout away."

Softpaw obeys.

"Good girl," Erza rewards her with a kiss.