•| Chapter 5|• Unwanted memories

Irina's POV

The day when the boundaries of time blurred, and emotions intertwined. The sun had just begun its ascent, casting a warm glow across the horizon. Sitting at the dining table, I watched my parents, their faces beaming with love, eyes twinkling with care as they served me breakfast. But it wasn't just any ordinary morning; it was my birthday. The aroma of pancakes filled the air, mingling with the sound of laughter and joy that echoed through our home.

As I sat there, as a 9 year old young child with wide eyes and a heart full of innocence, my parents started to sing the familiar tune of "Happy Birthday." Their voices were gentle yet filled with an inexplicable depth of love. Every word they sang touched me deeply, resonating with the purest essence of their affection. Tears welled up in my eyes, tears of overwhelming gratitude and happiness. In that moment, I felt an unbreakable bond between us, a connection that transcended time and space.

But as the final note of the song faded away, I felt a sudden shift in the atmosphere. It was as though the world around me had been swallowed by darkness, I watched as my parents image blew away into tiny pieces, and I was pulled into a deep, endless hole. The feeling of weightlessness consumed me, and I braced myself for the impact. Which never happened.

And then, pitch black just as abruptly as it had begun.

When I opened my eyes, I found myself in a place that felt unfamiliar and sinister. I was out in the open, in a forest, no sound or movement. Looking around for any sign of escape.

In the far distance, next to a tree stood a brown door. It has some cracks showing to nothing specific.

I sprinted to the door. My body felt so light but heavy at the same time, it felt like I wasn't moving from my spot if it wasn't for the door nearing I would have thought I was not moving.
My hand reaches out and grabs the round door handle.

Without thinking I pushed the door opened and ran into the an unknown world of darkness........ again. The door now gone.

I stood looking at the room I was in, I was in my old room. The dungeon back home in Russia.

My heart pounding against my ribcage. The air was thick with an eerie silence, broken only by the faint sound of my own trembling breath, the darkness slowly fades away.

The walls surrounding me were adorned with mirrors, stretching from floor to ceiling, each mirror displaying a cruel reflection of my torment. As I gazed into them, I saw the scars, both visible and hidden, that my uncle had inflicted upon me. Every scream I have let out was playing, every plea and every cry.

The mirrors were like gateways into a twisted realm where my pain and suffering were immortalized, haunting me with each glance. The room seemed to close in on me, suffocating me with the weight of my past, as if the very walls conspired to imprison me forever.

Every mirror revealed a different scene of abuse, each etching a new layer of fear into my fragile soul. The memories flooded back, vivid and raw, as if the wounds were being reopened. I saw the fear in my own eyes, the innocence stolen from me, and the shattered pieces of my self-worth reflected back at me. The mirrors became a cruel chorus, whispering the echoes of my despair, amplifying the darkness that had consumed my life for far too long.

"No. No. Stop!!!" I yelled as the whispers started getting louder and louder. It was as if bees a symphony orchestra.

The whispers continued to taunt me, the words cause heavy pain in my heart. A tight pull tagged at my chest, placing one hand on my chest I let out a piercing scream.