chapter two

Billie Joe

Mike huffed grabbing for his guitar strap, tossing his bass on to the sofa. "I'm getting real fed up with Tre and all this mysterious bullshit lately,"

I did agree, but didn't let him know that. "Come on." I breathed out tiredly, taking a seat next to Mike's bass on the sofa. "The amount of times you've missed band practice is incomparable to Tre,"

Mikes stood in front of the sofa, arms now crossed as he scowled looking away. "It's not just the band practice." Then he directs his eyes to mine. "When was the last time you heard from Tre?"

I think for a second. My days seem to almost blend together, I'm not entirely sure what day of the week it even is today. "Maybe three or four days ago?"

Mike didn't reply. But his face said 'exactly'.

I let another sigh out. "If it bothers you so much Mike, call him up. The line works two ways y'know,"

Mike scoffs. "Don't you think I've tried, smartass,"

"Didn't answer?"

"Course he didn't,"

I pulled my lips into a straight line, shrugging as I laid back into the sofa cushions. I wasn't quite sure what more to say, I wasn't going to bother Tre if he didn't want to be bothered. The same way I wouldn't want him or Mike bugging me.

Tre and I were quite a like in some ways. Most negative. Like our ignorance and stubbornness. We tended to deal with situations almost the same.

Only difference was Tre could hide his emotions, then deal with them alone. I'd blow up with two or three different emotions, then deal with it alone.

Mike was the communicator. The divider between Tre and I butting heads.

I suppose Mikes whole thing was to pester.

"We should just..." Mike paused as if thinking, as I squinted at him silently waiting. "Go over,"

Band practice was now officially down the gutter, and I suppose I had wondered this past week what the reason for Tre retracting was.

Surely it must've been that phone call?

I hummed for a second. Pretending to think, before shrugging. "Alright,"

Mikes stern expression slipped. I could only have guessed he wasn't expecting for me to agree so easily. Im sure he was already writing his speach out in his mind.

But he didn't push his luck and question. "Come on then." He spun around, already making his way towards the basment stairs.

I let out a long breath, before finding what little energy I had left in me, picking myself up off the sofa and plodding along behind him.

-

Mike stepped back, after almost hammering on Tres door.

I knew Tre wouldn't be happy, but considering the amount of times Tre himself had showed up at my house un announced it was only fair.

The door flew open in less than half a minute. Tres scowled disappeared as he opened the door, but quickly came back.

"What an earth are you banging on my door for?" He grunted, keeping his hand on the inside door handle blocking us from inviting ourselves in.

"Band practice?" I remind him lightly. "You didn't show up,"

He sighed exhaustedly. Looking tired and grumpy. "I told you both I wouldn't be able to make it,"

"Yeah," Mike agreed fakely. "A week ago. This is the second band practice in a row,"

"Not a good time." Tre dismissed, about to shut the front door.